• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the tip

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• The wait is killing me, any progress? ( I know, I know its Christmas holiday) but this commands more of my attention than many of the get togethers I was involved in! lol
      93 festiva aka "the sexy"
      04 blown GT stang
      99 wrangler (in the middle of a 5.2 swap)

Comment

• Originally posted by GUS View Post
        The wait is killing me, any progress? ( I know, I know its Christmas holiday) but this commands more of my attention than many of the get togethers I was involved in! lol
        :lol: it has been a while since i worked on the car but once i get off the computer i'll be going out to work on it, and finally lower the ZE in place, so check again later tonight and i should have an update

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Today was not my day, this thing fought with me the whole time i was working on it, from bolting the tranny to the engine to lowering it in the engine bay to attempting to bolt in the crossmember, there's still a bolt thats not in the crossmember but oh well i'll deal with that another time

on the bright side there's more clearances with the exhaust manifolds

Not much room here

This will probably give me a headache unless i get the correct curve neck manifold

Comment

• sweet!!!

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• drooldrooldrool I really want to see this thing.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• The more I see that, the more I worry about weight balance between the driver's side and the passenger side. What's the increase from say, a BP-T? Would it cause torque steer during left hand turns under more extreme situations?
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Nice! I've been closely watching too. Very cool. Seeing that the engine in there (cool in itself) got me wondering about the springs and the added weight. How do you think the ride height will be affected. I wonder how much heavier that set up is?
                  '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                  '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                  '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                  '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                  '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                  '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                  '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

• I think Damkid has adjustable coilovers so he can set his ride height.
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

• Yes he got coilover you can see them a little bit here

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• Ya the suspension is adjustable and the springs are very stiff so the added weight is not an issue, if it does lower the car down a little bit i can raise the height back up to level it out but i don't think it weighs much more then the BP since the ZE is an aluminum block and since i'll be using the 323 GT axles i don't think there'll be anymore torque steer then what there was before

Comment

• Can you get a weight of the engine & trans? The BP & g25mr weighs 525lbs with oil & trans fluid still in there.
                          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

• Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                            Can you get a weight of the engine & trans? The BP & g25mr weighs 525lbs with oil & trans fluid still in there.
                            What does a stock B3 and tranny weigh ?
                            sigpic
                            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• B3 & e series trans weigh 325-350(my pic's are kinda blurry) similarly lubed up
                              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

• Chris,

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am to see this projected started. I was disappointed when I saw that I had missed 21 pages of awesomeness, but I was rewarded with the beauty of a KL motor sitting inside a Festiva engine bay.

DO WORK!
                                -Caleb
                                Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                                So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Working...
                                X