No announcement yet.

Aaron's Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the kit I was describing... I'm switching to thumbnails now in accordance with the new enforcement of image size. I cannot believe some people are still operating on 800x600, but I'm not here to judge. The red springs and coil hardware are from a 1993-1997 Nissan Maxima, and the spring-rates are 500/400. Looks like ground control knockoffs, but it's apparently pretty good quality stuff. The blue springs are 175/150 8" and from a solid suspension company. Obviously, my coilovers are going to be Subaru-style with the blue springs and the gold hardware. Pretty excited to get those hooked up... hopefully when I'm back over Christmas!

The elusive white KM/H tach'd cluster is now in my possession MUAHAHAHA! Hopefully that odometer swap isn't too rough when the time comes... gotta continue my 505,000!

I also found and ordered a white/green dash clock off Ebay to replace my orange one that I have yet to install.

As for what's up next... I'm going to be putting in my big suspension/brake rebuild order fairly soon from RockAuto... probably in November-ish. After that, I want to clean up and reseal my left headlight, build or locate an early grill, track down a solid set of power mirrors, and solve my shifter bushing problem as well. The car itself is sitting under a tarp at my parent's house in Victoria until mid-late December, and it's on a fairly strict regiment in terms of maintaining its condition. I should be selling the orange clock and red springs eventually, but not quite yet.
    Last edited by Aaronbrook37; 09-07-2010, 10:29 PM.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Looks nice!, this is ivsito from 4g61t. your making me miss my festiva!!!
      Current
      08 Mazda 6 wifes...01 volvo s40 1.9t wifes also...
      92 mirage current putting in 4g63t...Shh im cheating on festiva's
      97 rav4 awd 5 speed only 52k of ebay :)
      ...to many cars :) just need another festiva now

Past,
      91 Festiva sold/91 B6t Festiva sold/89 Festiva, sold/88 L Crashed :(
      93 EGT 01 integra ls 07 ford freestyle 02 protege5 1999 Exploder sport
      88 camry alltrac,

Comment

Hunted down a set of power mirrors - thanks Ian! Also got an Australian solution to my shifter bushing issue on Ebay. So now I just need an early grill and then my big order for rebuild parts will be up next.

Comment

where did u get the 121 speedo? ive been seeing them everywhere but dont know where to find them/ how to swap them in

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
            where did u get the 121 speedo? ive been seeing them everywhere but dont know where to find them/ how to swap them in
            I got mine from a seller on Ebay Germany... using a lot of patience, Google translate, and money to pay for shipping. You could also find them in Australia if they got white ones... they were KM/H as well.

Comment

looks good i hope i can see it next westiva!
              BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

^ lol same goes for your car... i got to see a few things on your car before the rain hit

aaron, your parts list is growing longer... you need to get back to your car and start working on it

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                  ^ lol same goes for your car... i got to see a few things on your car before the rain hit

aaron, your parts list is growing longer... you need to get back to your car and start working on it
                  LOL I know man. Wait until the RockAuto order though haha... it's going to be literally everything I need/want to rebuild the hubs, bearings, brakes, bushings, and steering hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by postman101 View Post
                    looks good i hope i can see it next westiva!

That's what I like to see... advance planning. Westiva will be July 17th 2011.
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada
                    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                      That's what I like to see... advance planning. Westiva will be July 17th 2011.
                      good ill make a note of that!!
                      BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by postman101 View Post
                        good ill make a note of that!!
                        when the time is posted make sure you underline it... and add some !!!!! to the end of it :p

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Excellent story and work Aaron!

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                            when the time is posted make sure you underline it... and add some !!!!! to the end of it :p
                            Haha... hopefully we don't get rained out this time around!

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                            Excellent story and work Aaron!

Karl
                            Many thanks, good sir. I try to make my build thread as comprehensive as possible and littered with how-to's so others can use it for reference. If you want a copy of my complete prospective build sheet let me know!

Comment

excellent build goin on here sir.

if you dont mind my asking, what was your australian fix for the shifter bushings?
                              i plan on using the civic short shifter i have had forever, but that only covers two bushing...
                              Originally posted by scirocco*joe
                              Project Car Theorem:
                              If
                              a) w = all time
                              b) x = time spent at work
                              c) y = the number of project cars you have
                              d) z = amount of time you can spend each project car

Then

z = (w - x) / y

Comment

Hey Woody,

Thanks very much. I snagged a six-pack of NOS (New Old Stock) Ford Bushings from an Australian seller on Ebay. He no longer seems to be selling them unfortunately! Will keep you posted if I see them pop up again... three solutions:

1. a few members make their own, but they're tough to get a hold of. Anyone with a lathe can help you here, and chunks of hard poly material are useful too obviously.
                                2. one member developed some brass ones... I'll try and find his build thread. He didn't get pictures up though IIRC.
                                3. if you're very resourceful or have a lot of time, you could spend a day cross-referencing every Energy Suspension bushing known to mankind to find a solution.

Cheers,

Aaron

Comment

Working...
                                X