No announcement yet.

Aaron's Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update coming up shortly... Sasquatch and I (mostly Sasquatch haha) got the coilovers installed today! We should have some photos and videos up in the next couple days... car has been totally transformed now!
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Bronzoil bushings

It was the Corksport Bronzoil bushings.

Comment

Blue springs, gold hardware, 2 hours, and plenty of elbow grease. We're probably going to bring the front up a little more in the immediate future, but darn does it look sexy that low or what? Here are some comparison shots with the OEM uncut Aspire springs!

Comment

Nice, Looks like Sasquatch just took out the struts and didn't put them back in the front. lol
          91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
          14 C7 Z51

Comment

i knew i forgot somthing.... thanks

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

rare body stripe

How rare is that body stripe? It certainly is huge. I am going to put a red swoosh one on my green Festiva when the weather warms up in the spring. Make sure you do a good job masking so that there is absolutely no overspray on that neat decal.

Comment

Looking good! Loving the new stance :thumbright:
                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  How rare is that body stripe? It certainly is huge. I am going to put a red swoosh one on my green Festiva when the weather warms up in the spring. Make sure you do a good job masking so that there is absolutely no overspray on that neat decal.
                  Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
                  Looking good! Loving the new stance :thumbright:
                  Thanks, gents!

Dan, the body stripe was a dealer option in the 1990 brochure. I haven't seen many of them, and mine's in much worse shape than pictures let on. I don't think it will survive body work and paint next year, but I can stencil or trace or something it if you'd like a hard copy for future purposes.

Here's a little low-speed testing video. Corner was 43 to 37KPH decel and slalom was 50KPH both times. Not a huge difference, but you can certainly feel how much more stable and flat it is through the corners now:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

nice...
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    93 Festiva L (B8 swap in progress)

Comment

great build dude. seriously awesome. I just landed in a 1989 'tiva L completely stock. I got a long list ahead of me but can only hope for progress and an outcome as good as yours has been. Great work!

Comment

looks great loveeee the lowered stance

how do you like the 500/400 spring setup?

lots of people on here think thats wayyy to hard for the festiva but i like mine alot.

(i think spring rate and drivers age have a negative correlation )

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                          looks great loveeee the lowered stance

how do you like the 500/400 spring setup?

lots of people on here think thats wayyy to hard for the festiva but i like mine alot.

(i think spring rate and drivers age have a negative correlation )
                          I actually used the blue springs... the red ones are just sitting around in the car right now. 500/400 would be way too stiff! The blue ones are 175/150, which makes for a comfortable but firm drive.

Comment

Lower tie bar design is a great info! Did you even get yourself an upper strut bar?
                            rusEfi - DIY ECU
                            93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

Negative. A few couple other tricks up my absentee sleeve, but I'll let Sasquatch post those at his leisure.

Comment

Okay... time to get this build thread up and running again. I've been away from my car since December of 2010 mostly while finishing in school and doing my tour of Japan. However, I'm back... and almost have the car back in my possession. Time to chat a little bit about what sorts of sexy stuff the car has had done to it in the past couple of weeks courtesy of the amazingly talented people at Sasquatch Racing!

Originally, I was going to pioneer an SC14/12 Toyota supercharger kit for the B3 and have an 8,000RPM screamer with some built internals... but I decided against it for a few reasons. Firstly, I like turbos. Secondly, I like displacement. Thirdly, I like the reliability of running a (relatively) stock motor.

I purchased this B6T in good/running condition off of Bazzy16, who had an unfortunate encounter with a deer prior to his B6T/Aspire swap. Sasquatch picked it up for me, and I budgeted/requested we completely rebuild the motor up from scratch so that it would run from years to come. With 300,000 miles on the old B3, I knew that I wanted a motor to last another lifetime... and given the chassis and transmission will keep up if I behave myself, what's the problem with a little fun and games with some boost, right?

Pressure washing made quite the difference even before the tear down. The mileage from this motor is relatively unbeknownst to me, but that's okay because it hardly matters anymore, now does it?

A little bit dirty and grimy, but nothing to be overly concerned about with a little tender loving care! Hot tanking is such a blessing when it comes to engineering and automotive stuff.

'Sheen shopped and ready to rock and roll with brand new parts and a rings/bearings/gasket kit from Rockauto.com. Amazing place to get all the parts you need and more!

Got this clutch off of grocerygetter... it's the Suzuki Swift modification so that the E-series will have plenty of grip. I may upgrade to a G-series later, but I want the lower revs and familiarity of the original transmission. I currently have a set of I-shaft and rebuilt axles that I may use... or sell perhaps if the right buyer comes around.

Here's the "factory-style" mount Sasquatch whipped up for her. We want the engine bay of this car to look completely factory... like a Festiva RS essentially as Charlie and many others have done. That car (Tweak) is a huge inspiration for this build. The VJ14 snail is barely even noticeable in there.

Our love for flat black led us to pursue a metal/black theme with a few red highlights here and there around the engine bay, like on the valve cover I think.

We opted for a very economical and sizable upgrade as I wanted to maintain the aesthetics and short piping of the SMIC style of mounting. This came from a 1JZ JDM Supra that was being parted out... and I just couldn't resist. We're going to weld up a 1G DSM BOV that will hold 18+PSI with ease, which is far more than I want to push this car.

Comment

Working...
                                X