Aaron's Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Did you use the stock automatic Festiva radiator?

Oh, and about that road trip... let me know when you go! I may just join you, time and resources permitting!
        Last edited by fastivaca; 09-12-2012, 10:24 PM.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

awesome work ! love the car are you making it to madness?
          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
            awesome work ! love the car are you making it to madness?
            He's on the west side of the country, like a short drive from the ocean so I doubt he's coming to madness lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              He's on the west side of the country, like a short drive from the ocean so I doubt he's coming to madness lol
              Lol yeah if you thought Ian was far away... add another 10-12 hours of travel on top of that. There's very little chance I'll ever make it to madness, but we'll see how things go I suppose. Maybe eventually if the girlfriend and I feel like it, we'll swing on by! I'd love to do some roadtripping across to the farside of the country/world.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                It rubs the oil on it's hose!
                :eeeeeek:

I'm a hustler, trust me. I'm a pedaler, although apparently not as manly as McKabe and not nearly as much as Neanderpaul... according to the survey...
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

That is some awesome work!

Where did you get the silicone couplers? There is quite a variety.

Comment

i really appreciate how you did the intercooler piping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      Yeah, I couldn't imagine anyone driving from the west side all the way to the east side. They would have to be insane, or foolish. :p
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                        Yeah, I couldn't imagine anyone driving from the west side all the way to the east side. They would have to be insane, or foolish. :p
                        I know someone like that...

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                          i really appreciate how you did the intercooler piping.
                          Thanks FF! Frozenboost.com I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                            I know someone like that...

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                            I'm thinking about driving up to convoy with Aaron/Mike when they drive to Madness and we can stop at your place and then all convoy to madness together. Now that would be an adventure! two white festivas and two red.

Comment

I'm thinking about driving up to convoy with Aaron/Mike when they drive to Madness and we can stop at your place and then all convoy to madness together. Now that would be an adventure! two white festivas and two red.
                              no time like the present !
                              93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                              RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                              RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

For folks that aren't quite sure to make of this line I seem to recall seeing unmistakable pictures of your spotless white car with the discrete twin cam at last year's Festy Madness and yet I have noticed your home turf is Arizona.
                                A successful two way cross-country run in a highly modified Festiva is testament to methodical and thorough work by it's owner.
                                One day I hope to have the time, and a reliable enough Festy, to make this journey too.

Comment

Working...
                                X