No announcement yet.

The Adventures of Nancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What driving lights did you decide to go with ??
    New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
      What driving lights did you decide to go with ??
      Just some cheap autozone ones. They fit ok- stick out a little. I plan on putting some stock or better fitting lights in the future but have been content with these for now.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Snagged a factory(?) sunroof today at the Anderson junk yard. Debating installing it or selling it. Hmmmm

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

^ install!!!! just measure a billion times and mark the cuts with pencil.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

such a clean example of how a festiva can be kept simple, and look great. one of my favorite festy's too.

Comment

great looking car, cant wait to see her at fmv!
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Had a bit of a set back this weekend. I installed a compressor to finish up my a/c setup and got it almost ready to go. But I had to head back up to school. Turns out I had a coolant leak. My friend who was helping me out put back on the flange that connects the lower radiator hose to the base of the engine and didn't realize there was a gasket there so he pinched it and it was squirting pretty good from there. So I was about 45 minutes from home both ways when I noticed the temp was a tad higher than usual.

Fortunately my friend simultaneously rounded the head of the bolt at some point? So it's been a pain in the butt because I have no good tools up here to work on it. Tomorrow I'm going to take an extractor to it at work. Hopefully all goes well. Then I will be giving her a bath and some tint sooooon!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Finally fixed the coolant leak! I ended being able to get it off using a new socket. Put some rtv on it for the gasket. Cleaned up my engine bay a bit while I was stuck at work waiting on the rtv to dry. She is running good again!

Now that the leak is out of the way. Tint time! I'm thinking 15-20 on the front then 10-15 on the rears. Any input? I like dark but not blacked out limo look

Festiva!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                    Now that the leak is out of the way. Tint time! I'm thinking 15-20 on the front then 10-15 on the rears. Any input? I like dark but not blacked out limo look
                    I have 35 front, 20 rear. 35 on the front, because I don't like getting pulled over. (Front tint isn't legal in NJ.) I'd prefer 20 all around, nice and dark but still gives some visibility. Heres what it looks like.

BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

Thanks for the pic! It is nice to see the options on a festiva so I can really tell. I think I'm going to pick up some 20% for all around. I kind of wanted 20 on the front and 5-15 on the rears but I'm able to get 20 at a good deal so I'm just going to do that.

Thanks James! That tint looks very factory on your car. Nice!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Teaser pic. I'll get better pics later. 20% all around. I'd probably prefer 15 but My friend could only get me 20% at a good price. Regardless I'm happy with it!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Sweet Festy! The cupholder attached to the speaker grille never occurred to me. Gotta get one of those.

What steering wheel did you install?

Comment

Really like the dark tint and the fact you blacked out the B pillar. Gives it a really clean look.

Comment

my gooey windshield woes

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                              -Intermittent Wiper (orange)
                              In conclusion I love my car! I love this site, and I look forward to keep working on her.
                              I have always wanted intermittent wipers on every car I've ever owned, and have never had them. Is this very hard to do to a Festiva?

I do like the way the wiper switch is handy enough, there is less problem overcoming the lack of that.

I'm back in Puget Sound and the northwest now too where I grew up and went to high school and college, after many years elsewhere; where an intermittent switch really becomes desirable, with all the drizzly rain constantly during many seasons; even the summers prior to global warming.

The wiper washer motor hasn't worked for years either, I'm guessing I could fix by going over all the contacts in the wiring with dielectric grease.
                              '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Hey, a twin!

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                                such a clean example of how a festiva can be kept simple, and look great. one of my favorite festy's too.
                                That is exactly the way my car looks, too. Except for my stickers. Same blue and my wheels are the exact same color; or were at least, until I started the Aspire brake swap. So with the rear axle installed, I have black Aspire rims on the back.

My magenta wheels are 13" from an '87 Mazda 323; I had powder-coat painted for $125 several years ago now.

Those colors are such a good match; a person naturally thinks of that.

I've been thinking of painting the new set of four KIA 13" rims which are silver, red instead of magenta again; just because I have a can of that and decided to hand paint them myself, baking each of several coats in the oven in my kitchen.

I wasn't impressed with the powder coat paint's longevity.
                                '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Working...
                                X