The Adventures of Nancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobstad View Post
    I have always wanted intermittent wipers on every car I've ever owned, and have never had them. Is this very hard to do to a Festiva?

I do like the way the wiper switch is handy enough, there is less problem overcoming the lack of that.

I'm back in Puget Sound and the northwest now too where I grew up and went to high school and college, after many years elsewhere; where an intermittent switch really becomes desirable, with all the drizzly rain constantly during many seasons; even the summers prior to global warming.

The wiper washer motor hasn't worked for years either, I'm guessing I could fix by going over all the contacts in the wiring with dielectric grease.
    I can't remember exactly what car I got mine out of (link5186) spotted it and let me pull it. I want to say it was out of an early 90's tracer. The install is fairly straight forward. I only had one issue that was giving me grief. Two of the wires you just need to connect to each other. I know this isn't the most helpful being I can't remember which wires. There are a couple threads about it that really made it more confusing to me :p So I guess what I'm saying is if you find one and need help I as well as others will get you through it no problem! I love having the intermittent option for that drizzle. Although I was in a habit of doing it manually that occasionally I still just do it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Here are a few update pictures!
      Tint with ff.com decal

Sportin'

12v

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

where is that 12v outlet at?
        I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
          where is that 12v outlet at?
          That's the plastic covering the right rear strut tower.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Started on my little project. Converting the hatch into a SUV style trunk. So far I like how it turned out. I still need to do my audio stuff.

Before I installed the slotted channel

Nifty slotted channel for bungee straps

Screwed down this three drawer cabinet (on sale at wally world!) Holds my emergency stuff: Jumpers, tie downs, 12v air compressor. Plus anything else I want!

Nifty slotted channel for bungee straps/holds my emergency tool kit in place!

Hook for my ice scraper :p This is also where my sound system will be. I will be mounting my 2 amps either under my seat/passenger or on that panel. Along with my Sub and 2 6.5" rounds on the panel.

I like it. It will be way more useful to me than the rear seat. It's very durable, I can sit in the middle with little flex. I got the fabric from joanne fabrics for 2.50 a yard- $8 total. Wood cost me $25 for two 4'x4' pine boards and a 2x4. The 3 bin was $7. The slotted channel was free from work since most of it was bent up (I just took the good stuff). The mounts that are holding the wood up were free as well from work. Overall it was a little under $50 and I'm pleased with it. Weight wise it didn't add a ton when you subtract the rear seat.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Nice!! another out west!
              Intermittent wipers and cruise control
              are really universal.., any stand alone
              system will work, parts can be interchanged,
              find the look you like. Integrated systems
              stay away from. The part that matters is
              can you make it fit and hook up. Electrically
              the parts pretty much do the same thing.
              Ask on here! Enjoy the car!
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                Nice!! another out west!
                Intermittent wipers and cruise control
                are really universal.., any stand alone
                system will work, parts can be interchanged,
                find the look you like. Integrated systems
                stay away from. The part that matters is
                can you make it fit and hook up. Electrically
                the parts pretty much do the same thing.
                Ask on here! Enjoy the car!
                What are you referring too haha? I'm not really new and I have intermittent wipers...

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Armrest

New Sub Alpine Type R 12"

Built a new sub box. All the materials were free! Except wood glue/screws. The plexi was from a guy throwing it away, it was the perfect shape.

6.5" Sony given to me as well. Waves Maxxbass 103. And my Kawasaki Power inverter 1,500 watt constant!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Update!

Well it has been a while!

While I lived in Nashville about 11 months ago, I started to swap in a G-series tranny going from a BP w/ E-Series to a BP G-Series. Well, I got it in and with the help of a buddy was able to get some things welded and all the custom crap out of the way. I was driving home and I heard a loud squeeling and my tires locked up and I skidded to the side of the interstate, fortunately it was 3 AM and no one was around. My buddy came and tugged me further from the road (my bumper was still barely over the line).

So, the next day I had the car towed to my buddies house $$. I then moved to Indiana that same weekend. Nancy then sat in his yard as a beautiful home for many wasp families, for the next 8 months. I finally had a friend that was willing to let me borrow his truck for a weekend. Unfortunately it was a little s-10, he said it had a hitch and well it didn't. Nor did it have wiring for a trailer/dolly. So, I wired it up put a ball on the hitch and did it anyway ($$)!

It was a tad sketchy, but we made it! It was about 8 hours one way.

Well the car then sat at my apartment for 3 months.

I finally decided to take the plunge and try to do it alone. I've never done it alone and the only experience I had was helping my friend when we did it the first time.
                    The manual transmission swap guide for the stock trans helped a lot!

Overall it went fairly smoothly for my first time. It took me a solid day and a half including breaks and autozone runs and what not.

I had issues with lining up the trans (pain in the butt!) then I had issues getting the axles to slide in. Then the intermediate wouldn't mate with the axle so I pulled it out and did it then went to put it back in as one large axle and it wouldn't go back in! It finally did after lots of effort.

Here is a pic of my work area: If you look closely you can see a few of the many many hornets I killed. I found 6 nests so far. Also, notice the driving light flew out when my car locked up!

I went to start it up for the first time and nothing.. CRAP! Well the battery has been sitting for a
                    ges, had it charged/tested came up bad, got a new battery. Put it in... nothing. CRAP! Next thought was starter, so I called Dennis (Guage_Half_Inch) hoping to confirm this before wasting any time. His thought was starter too. Pulled the starter and noticed I missed a plug on it. Plugged it in and remounted the starter. Tried to start the car... nothing. CRAP! Pulled the starter brought it to autozone, tested as OK (although I think the guy wanted it to fail). So, as I was driving home it dawns on me I never plugged back in the ignition coil to the distributor! AH. So, I reinstalled the starter and made sure everything was plugged in this time. Then she fired right up! She finally moved under her own power, I took her around the block a few time. A little noisy and chattery, but she is moving!

I started Friday afternoon (when the office closed) and I finished Saturday night (office was closed ). A got a lot of looks and questions, mostly friendly! I got it all cleaned up by Sunday and about 30 minutes later the office manager showed an apartment super close to my work area, phew!)

Replaced:
                    Transmisson (G-Series Cable)
                    Clutch
                    LCA's

Still to do:
                    New Rad Fan
                    Bleed Brakes
                    New Thermostat/housing/Coolant flush
                    Oil Change
                    A serious cleaning

I'm excited to have her running again!

Side note: I LOVE having a Harbor Freight close by! Tranny Jack and Engine Support, breaker bar, impact sockets, and some other various items for under $100. Deal!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I finally decided to take the plunge and try to do it alone. I've never done it alone and the only experience I had was helping my friend when we did it the first time.

I had to do this.the whole sentence is sketchy lol jk

seriously tho good job especially in an apartment parking lot and didn't get caught lol
                      Last edited by 1chrisapple; 09-16-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1chrisapple View Post

I had to do this.the whole sentence is sketchy lol jk

seriously tho good job especially in an apartment parking lot and didn't get caught lol
                        hahaha! Wow that sentence is very intersting out of context :p Let's just say I can do it alone now. I figured it out

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Hahah great good thing. I also noticed u arent to far out from louisville maybe we could meet up one day
                          I believe u know archer on here to.

Comment

Originally posted by 1chrisapple View Post
                            Hahah great good thing. I also noticed u arent to far out from louisville maybe we could meet up one day
                            I believe u know archer on here to.
                            Yes sir I know Archer, he is a good guy! He came up to look at the Capri a couple weeks ago.

I'm just under 2 hours from Louisville, but I'm down there on a regular basis. My office is located in Louisville, so on occasion they have me come down there. I will let you and Archer know when I'll be down there and we can have a little mini meet! You guys will have to come up next time we have an Indy meet.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Congrats on getting it running, I know how it feels to see your Festy sitting dead in the yard for months. Love the white and love the Stylus bumper cover, gotta get me one of those.
                              Jack Byrd,
                              1991 Capri
                              1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                              1970 Chev C10
                              1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

I love the way that you redid the back into a SUV style trunk!!!!
                                91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                                Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                                Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Working...
                                X