X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are one talented builder!
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

^^ nah I'm just dumb enough to try, and too stubborn to quit once I'm started!

The miatas that came with the 3.909 rear end were the 6 speed manuals and some JDM models. I did not feel like waiting for one to pop up and I got a good deal on the GTX parts.
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I am willing to come down and test drive the finished prototype for you. I wouldn't want you to get hurt. Simply incredible.

Comment

Nice work so far! You know, the week after you cut the tire well out I found at least 2 aspires that may have worked. LoL they weren't close enough or cheap enough for me to touch.

Did you locate a new BP yet? I heard the other one fell thru?
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Nice build Aaron that thing's gonna be sweet!!

Good to see where that GTX shifter will be going instead of the crusher !

Sub'd!
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Incredible stuff. I love seeing this build happen... very inspiring for many of us out there trying to fathom how to pull off complex RWD/AWD swaps down the line. Should definitely serve as a great resource for the community... thanks so much for the detailed writing and pictures both today and tomorrow!
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I prefer the car the way it was...
                Amazing Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by aglatfe1 View Post
                  I prefer the car the way it was...
                  1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

All I kno is you better finish this project unlike the aspire v6 or I'll be disappointed, I hate seeing you hack into such a nice clean festiva but I bet this will be fun when it's done if it makes it their

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                      I wanted that car to stay stock
                      Amazing Amanda

Comment

^ You should've known better than to sell it to Aaron then lol.
                        -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by ford4life View Post
                          All I kno is you better finish this project unlike the aspire v6 or I'll be disappointed, I hate seeing you hack into such a nice clean festiva but I bet this will be fun when it's done if it makes it their
                          Evan STFU! Giving up on Spike was one of the hardest things to do... I had to move, no time to work on him because I got guilt tripped or text messaged ever few minutes every time I tried, and the garage flooded twice and finished off the unibody rot...

Amanda, perhaps you should have better maintained the car then... It is easier to pay small repair bills over time than one huge one when the thing isn't safe to drive anymore.
                          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Stock cars are boring & everyone has one.
                            Go for the extreme custom build. Many will doubt you but if your like me that will only push you to finish it
                            When your done all the haters will want a ride or want your car.
                            Go for it, we're all wanting to see that beast run!
                            Last edited by citizen caine; 11-27-2011, 11:29 AM.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8SilV257aM

1999 SVT Lightning #1212
                            1993 tube chassis Festiva 351w (shooting for the 9s)
                            1980 Maples jet boat 455 olds
                            1991 Chevy custom one ton dually
                            1988 Mustang N/A 385 w/doug nash 9.88@137 (sold)
                            2001 GSXR-1000 turbo lowered & extended (sold)
                            1988 S-10 468 BBC lowered & body dropped (sold)
                            on & on

Comment

Subd!
                              Tim
                              '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
                              '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
                              '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
                              '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
                              '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
                              '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
                              '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
                              '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                                Evan STFU! Giving up on Spike was one of the hardest things to do... I had to move, no time to work on him because I got guilt tripped or text messaged ever few minutes every time I tried, and the garage flooded twice and finished off the unibody rot...

Amanda, perhaps you should have better maintained the car then... It is easier to pay small repair bills over time than one huge one when the thing isn't safe to drive anymore.
                                I kno how you felt, but I get all excited then dissapointed, I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to see it done and moving. Does this mean you are dd the pro? Also are you using gtx driveshafts for the rear or will they need modification?

Comment

Working...
                                X