Quest for More Power and More Traction! BP+T + AWD Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by citizen caine View Post
    Stock cars are boring & everyone has one.
    Go for the extreme custom build. Many will doubt you but if your like me that will only push you to finish it
    When your done all the haters will want a ride or want your car.
    Go for it, we're all wanting to see that beast run!
    Lol deff not hating I kno Aaron and he does good work and is extremely smart and has lots of skills.

Comment

Not too many updates, I was able to weld up the square frame section though.

my beads got a little heavy so I ground them down a little bit.
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

nice, you made a square!

sweeet bro nice job man keep it up!

next time make a circle!

no i'm just playin...sry.. really

hey you think there's enough room in the rear of an aspire to cut out a 1'6" x 3' wide section of the floor around the spare tire well and not have to touch any vital frame rails? I haven't even looked under there lately to know..
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

that I don't know. sorry. I can measure what I cut out in the back of the festy.

I'm open to constructive criticism really lol, I just get annoyed by Evan easily because he never lets me forget about the V6 aspire and the way that ended...
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

Yait was a shame with the Kl aspire but hopefully one day you'll try they swap again, then we can race :evil4:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

^^ I plan on it! I have some methods I will use to make the swap go smoother too.

Facebook Me!

Comment

You have lots of potential and hands on experience! I swear one of these days I'm going to build a garage for you to work out of!

Comment

Ok, so I have a quick question, is there anyway to turn the motor on an festy or spire 90 degrees and put in say the motor, trans and rear end out of a mistakes or something like that in? I'm jus curious

Comment

Originally posted by lil red rocket View Post
                    Ok, so I have a quick question, is there anyway to turn the motor on an festy or spire 90 degrees and put in say the motor, trans and rear end out of a mistakes or something like that in? I'm jus curious
                    What kind of Vehicle is a "mistakes"? Are you talking like a Miata drivetrain?
                    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Yes, miata, stupid autocorrect, lol

Comment

Yah I got halfway thru that thread over on fa.com, like 10 pages, took me two days, then I went to the end to get back to page 10ish, and was skimmin thru while clicking back and seen the project was over..and you were SO close to finishing I thought....just kinda ruined it for me I couldn't read anymore, almost ruined my day..almost, I was wanting after pics of spike out cruising!
                        Last edited by zoom zoom; 11-28-2011, 04:42 AM.
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by lil red rocket View Post
                          yep, its been done, Ketchup has, you will need to change a few things around so the oiling works out

Facebook Me!

Comment

So its possible to have a rear wheel drive festiva/aspire? Sweet, sounds like a fun project if I can get may hands on everything, lol

Comment

^^anything is possible

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I guess that is true as long as you have the time and money

Comment

Working...
                                X