Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting good:happy1: sub'd
    Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
    Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
    WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

awesome parts list!!! gonna be a good build

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

small update. We cut up the front core support to make room for the intercooler. We re-braced the front with some tubular steel and there will be plenty of room to allow air threw the intercooler. Also started on the pillow ball mounts, they needs some finishing, hopefully tomorrow. also for those running the Isuzu Stylus bumpers, are you guys shortening them up at all?

Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 08-16-2013, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I love the stylus bumper, keep up the good work
          Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
            I love the stylus bumper, keep up the good work
            Thanks! by the way that's Clinton (creator of festicle) in the white shirt, I got him to come down and help us for the day. We got lots of good ideas for this car. I cant wait to drive it!

Comment

Did you decide on which Tach to use? I'd love to get ahold of one of those Ford Racing Tachs. Let me know if you decide to get rid of either one though!

Comment

small update, bought some slotted and drilled rotors for the blue festiva. It already has the aspire swap but im not sure if its rebuilt or not. I think Donny said its all new but the rotors are rusted from sitting.

Comment

ok so got the suspension almost finished today. We rebuilt the hubs, bolted the pillow ball mounts up, and got the BF control arms mounted. For the control arms we actully made a hybrid. We used the BF arm and used the BG rear flanged mount. So if your going to replicate you will need a BF arm with the rear control arm mount from a BG. The control arms atully had to have some material removed from the inside to clear the frame. The torque boxs also had to be cut a little to allow the conrtol arm to pivot with out binding. We used some 1/4 plate welded to the floor and frame to secure a point for the BF mount. We will probably plate the top as well but the bottom alone is very strong!

Sand bladed the knuckles

rebuilding the knuckles (we used Kia rio studded hubs)

the line shows how much of the control arm was cut to clear the frame. this will be all boxed up when done

cut up arm

mocking up arm to locate mounting point

Comment

welded 1/4 plate to flooer (welded got a little sloppy due to the tar was melting from above and getting in weld!)

this is one of the ears for the BG mount, we made a hole threw the frame rail and installed a sleeve for reinforcement

Comment

I see you used Rio studded hubs in the aspire knuckles. Will the Rio hubs work in the Festiva knuckle as well or is it so you can have larger brakes with the aspire knuckles? Also, are the rotors you got for an aspire?

Edited to say I am loving the way your build is going!
                      Last edited by gergorian; 10-04-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Im not sure if the rio hubs would fit in the knuckle. Even if they did ur stuck with a stock rotor which is 114.3.

Comment

Oh OK. I assume that to stud the rotors you drilled the hole out and pressed in studs?

Comment

Nice job guys keep up the good work
                            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Good progress, I believe this lca mod is hands down the best for a swapped festiva

Comment

wish I had money to buy all these good parts for a daily driver. how much u into it so far?

Comment

Working...
                                X