• 1 1/4".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Festicle and xaero

The elbow at the turbo is a 2" schedule 40 elbow

Wastegate tube is 1.5" schedule Pope

Downpipe is 3" with 1.5" recirc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Hellafab; 03-28-2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• That is some impressive fab work. That manifold is definitely going to be the center piece of the engine bay once everything is together.

Comment

• The manifold made it on my birthday! Lots of stuff to do. I'm waiting on my garage star under drive pulleys and I think I'm going to take my alternator apart for powder coating.

Comment

• That looks like a really awesome manifold. But I don't see how you plan to fit it all in the engine bay. It seems to extend much farther forward of the block than the stock B6T parts, and fully occupy the location of the radiator. Will you mount the engine further back towards the firewall? Shift the rad in front of the block? Is this layout all discussed much earlier in the thread, and I just missed it?
            Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
            Icetiva-3-race-car-build
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• Originally posted by Icedawg View Post
              That looks like a really awesome manifold. But I don't see how you plan to fit it all in the engine bay. It seems to extend much farther forward of the block than the stock B6T parts, and fully occupy the location of the radiator. Will you mount the engine further back towards the firewall? Shift the rad in front of the block? Is this layout all discussed much earlier in the thread, and I just missed it?
              Check a few pages back it should all fit. I had Hellafab use the orginal manifold as template. Radiator will be on passenger side.

Comment

• This build thread Mike.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• I just looked it all over! This build is a bit more then what i can do!
                  1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                  1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                  1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                  19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Rick, is there bracketry to support and stabilize the turbocharger? The header should never be used to hold the weight of the turbo, that's one of the main reasons they fatigue. That turbo will vibrate like a tuning fork way out there and stainless steel doesn't withstand that type of load without fatigue issues.
                    Things are looking awesome. It looks like the car will be together soon.
                    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-27-2016, 04:45 PM.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Not yet charlie. I got to put it back in and see where I can add a brace. Maybe from the turbo to trans? Or maybe from one of the open bolt holes on the block by the oil pan? My other concern is coolant to heater core. The crossover Tube touches the manifold. I'm thinking of welding a AN fitting at the outer running some -8 stainless to T to connect the turbo coolant back to the -8 T and head back to the heater core?

Comment

• A brace to the trans would work fine. The more support the better here. When I build the turbo bracing I make sure it'll hold the turbo, downpipe and wastegate up securely without the header in place (obviously after it's made with the header in place). This way your not asking the header to support any load.
                        Your definitely going to have to get creative with your heater bypass. I would run the heater cuircut around the front (crank nose end) of the engine. Use the space where the Capri/gtx mount bracket used to go (between the head and timing tin). You could bend up a nice hard line and weld a bung on to whichever pump inlet that you choose. Then weld a -6 to the existing return bung and run a -6 coolant return from the turbo. There are lots of different pump inlet options. The miata one is a weird shape that might leave you plenty of options. They seem to weld okay. I use 356 rod on the cast aluminum ones.
                        You could also run your coolant like a miata does, but this is not ideal. That was an afterthought by mazda, and it's been the death of many engines.
                        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-30-2016, 08:21 AM.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Here are the updates. Wastegate was welded shut. We went to install the motor back in anfter all the detail work however everyrhing was a challenge. First off the oil pan had to be notched to clear the jackshaft. I used a different oil pan and i didnt realize the other one bad been modified for clearing on the hydro trana. It wasnt a big deal a little hair cut with sawzall and everything was good. We had to make a little clerance in frame again to allow space for the torque wrench when setting the crank pulley. The intake studs had to be removed from the top portion of the head to allow the intake to fit. So bottom has studs and top will have alen cap bolts. Most of ll the plumbing is done accept oil cooler.

List of what is left
                          Plumb oil cooler (get Peterson primer)
                          Run a longer positive cable to passanger side
                          Make throttle cable bracket
                          Install aspire or or egt master cylinder (should i leave stock booster?)
                          Probably install proportioning valve for rear disc, need to figure out how to plumb
                          Finish coolant crossover tube to heater core
                          Find a line to connect from block to heatercore inlet
                          Plumb intercooler piping again.
                          Wire up
                          Install gauges
                          Put fenders on
                          Trim bumper and fit
                          Set hood
                          Fill fluids

Comment

• [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Hot_Wheels/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160505_193552_zps0putxifu.jpg.html][/URL

Comment

• Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 05-08-2016, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X