No announcement yet.

Festicle and xaero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More throttle bracket testing. I think this is a winner so my buddy will cut it out of 1/8 in plate.

Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 07-31-2016, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Could you integrate an idle valve block off plate and throttle cable bracket? I'm just thinking that the idle valve plate is closer to the throttle cable and might be a simpler design.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-31-2016, 11:33 AM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I thought about that but the screws are small and i didn't want to rip out the threads being there is force applied from the throttle cable. I figured the stock location was best since they give you deep thread booses. However i think i may bring a brace off the iac plate just as a little added reinforcement but i want to see how strong the 1/8 is.

Comment

• Ahh, that makes sense. This car is getting so close. I'm anxious to hear how everthing works.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• If you used 4 bolts in the delete plate for throttle cable it wouldn't rip it off.

I'm ultra jealous of your ecu. Would love to add one to my 1jz. You went with the full diy pin kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yes my buddy is tackling the wire and requested the plug to make his owner harness. Hes going to isolate cas wiring from the rest to ensure no noise interferance. Aem makes a nice harness but im sure what Matt is doing will be better!
              Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 08-04-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• image.jpg
                Very cool project.
                I'm beginning to think a fender brace should be mandatory on any Festiva making any sort of power. Looks like you got a good start on yours.

Comment

• Small update had a plate made for the mill spec plug termination. Extended the clevis for the miata master brake booster install. Now i got to figure out what to do with the brake lines. Charlie suggested possibly using miata porportioning valve since i got the rear disc but i also got a adjustable porportioning valve but the problem is i need to Y the front and rear lines together. Im thinking of installing the Y's where the old porportioning valve is? Got a new hydraulic wire crimper and re did all my battery cables.
                  Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 10-08-2016, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                      Thats cool,how much $ ?
                      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Small update had a plate made for the mill spec plug termination. Extended the clevis for the miata master brake booster install. Now i got to figure out what to do with the brake lines. Charlie suggested possibly using miata porportioning valve since i got the rear disc but i also got a adjustable porportioning valve but the problem is i need to Y the front and rear lines together. Im thinking of installing the Y's where the old porportioning valve is? Got a new hydraulic wire crimper and re did all my battery cables.
                        Can you link me to the page that has info on the adjustable camber plate i see here? It looks great!
                        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I need one of those!
                          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-10-2016, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• The hard line version of that is the way to go, I ponied the cash for it a few years ago and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands... Makes me smile every time I use it.
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                              The hard line version of that is the way to go, I ponied the cash for it a few years ago and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands... Makes me smile every time I use it.
                              What do you mean hard lone version? Link?

Comment

• Example: http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDi...7eDxoCCKbw_wcB
                                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X