No announcement yet.

Dr Dan's B6 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Okay. The Festy went to a shop with a "carb guy" today. Hopefully it will be something simple, or at least cheap! :p We will see.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Good luck! Awaiting a clean bill of health post! They say when they'll get to it?
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• If you decide to come to Madness, you should be able to join a decent sized convoy for support! It is the best way to roll!
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Good luck man. Hope it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg!

I hadn't drove my Festy in almost a week and was glad to get in it this morning and it started right up!
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Fingers crossed
            '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

• Thanks guys! He is to get to it today I think. Awaiting the diagnosis!
              Dan

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

• Fingers are crossed!
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Got CUJO back from the shop today. It is not getting enough fuel!

I suppose the mechanical fuel pump will have to go!!!!!

The carb guy, Roger, thought the fuel lines were maybe to small, but he did not know about the fuel pump lobe on the the cam. Somewhere in this thread is how I polished the lobe, to use the mech pump. Measuring the "lift" on the B6 lobe, I did loose some travel, as the lobe is smaller the the B3 lobe. If I remember correctly, the B3 lobe had .267 lift, and the B6 has only .218 lift. That is about 1/16 less lift!

I am going to order a Carter P4070, a rotary vane electric pump, and see if it can keep the fuel bowl full, and the float up where it is supposed to be.

Performance carb kits. com stated NOT to use a mech pump with a Weber carb and insisted on an electric pump, specifcally a Carter 4070!
                  Carter pumps, are among the best fuel pumps out there.
                  So here we go, another attempt to solve the riddle of "The Missing".

I was actually thinking that might be the problemo, I just wanted confirmation. :p
                  Dan

R.I.P.
                  Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

• another option is to shorten the pump spacer by a 1/16th... that will push the pump arm closer to the lobe and effectively add pump stroke by changing the fulcrum point.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• I'll bet that fixes you up finally, Dan.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• interesting... something I didn't tag on to, even though I read that you'd ground/polished the pump lobe. Keep us updated!

Comment

• Yay! Electric fuel pump installed, and working fine!

Had it going for a while, just wanted to make sure it wasnt going to start acting funny! (again! :p)

Drove it on a few test drives, and I did have a setback of my own doing.
                          My AC unit wasnt bolted up yet, I cable tied it up while I made sure all was well with the swap. I did not notice it was touching the new lower radiator hose, and after a good long test drive the other day, after I got back to the house, I noticed it was leaking anti-freeze! Looked and the AC unit had rubbed a hole in the lower radiator hose!

It musta just got through, cause it hadnt over heated, caught it in time! Whew! :eeeeeek:

Then while I was fixing the hose I noticed my tire was really low. A good size screw in the rear driverside tire. My new tires, mind you. Errrgh!

Fixed that while I was at it, and bolted the AC in place!

On the bright side, my Festy is now road worthy!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by drddan; 09-04-2012, 12:41 AM.
                          Dan

R.I.P.
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

• Good news! So you'll make it to fm6 then??!
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Glad to hear yer up and running!
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                                Good news! So you'll make it to fm6 then??!
                                Yes, i'm pretty sure I will be going!

I am trying to put together a caravan, with folks coming through, or close to the St. Louis area. The more, the merrier!
                                Dan

R.I.P.
                                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Working...
                                X