No announcement yet.

Ian's B6T Festiva build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The project is still alive but nothing's happened for a while. Lots of planning going on...

Here's the current state of affairs

Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

oh ok now i know why the holdup that answers my pm!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I think it's safe to say Ian's project is on ice for the time being.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Hi Ian,
          I'm glad to hear you have been getting lots of work. A Merry Christmas to you and your family!
          But guys, don't let him off the hook 'cause of a little snow, he has a garage to work in, which is as much as anyone can ask for in Alberta, you can't escape the snow for months on end.

I saw one of your last posts on working on the shell was on the width of the tranny. In putting a B6T and G25mr in Icetiva we had to notch out the frame rail in the driver side to clearance it, as well as grind a wee bit off of the steering box. I hope it proves useful. Exact positions depend on all three mount brackets you build of course, but this has to be reasonably close to what you will need to do.
          Last edited by Icedawg; 12-24-2013, 07:07 PM.
          Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
          Icetiva-3-race-car-build
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Sort of getting some work done...

My awesome kids pooled their resources this Christmas and got me a new tool cabinet for Christmas. So I'm going from this...

to this...

Spent some time over the last couple of days setting up the new. It will be nice to have the majority of my tools in one place and organized so that I can find them. I'll be getting the welder I was given (an old stick welder) set up within the next couple of weeks as well.

Thanks to everyone for your interest in this project.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Right on!!! Though I'd be happy even with your old setup!!
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

nice toolbox, great kids!

Comment

My kids got me a "Secret Santa" football screwdriver and a football alarm clock. The best presents I have ever got. Honestly!!! I love them. But I will say you made out pretty good yourself.
                  -Bryant

Comment

Still good to know she's getting tlc
                    93-1.6l
                    f.s.- fms bodykit.

Comment

Thank you Grey Vw!!!

As many of you are aware Martin (Grey Vw), unfortunately, wrecked his Festiva. There was enough of his ATH front bumper left to provide me with a patch for the large hole that was cut in my project's bumper so he was kind enough to salvage the part I needed, along with the driver's side euro headlight, and send it my way.

Here's a photo of his car before the accident...

My bumper the way I bought it.

With the patch piece laid on top.

I wanted to return my bumper to its original configuration and this will save me a ton of work. Can't wait until it warms up and I can get started! Target date for roll out of the project is Westiva 2014
                      Last edited by fastivaca; 03-03-2014, 04:50 PM.
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

nice! i sure liked his car & hated that it happened

Comment

^^ditto

Ian, glad to see you got that patch you were looking for at least

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

March 26th update...

Hello all,

Not much if anything done on the project yet. Although I have built it four or five times over in my head :highly_amused:

I've been thinking over a few ideas for a custom gauge install that I hope will look like it was meant to be there. It would include gauges for oil pressure, water temperature, and either a analog clock or ammeter on one side and a boost gauge on its own on the left. Other ideas include locating a start button (I know, lame) where the lighter currently sits, deleting the ash tray and having some sort of switch panel with one for switching between stock and air horns. My console has the Protege cupholder in it and there's a gap under it where I will probably put two or three power sockets. If I get a chance over the next few days I'll see if I can throw a quick sketch together of what I have in mind.

Other things I'm considering include a trailer hitch and dual exhaust outlets something like the Chrysler SX 2.0 (or not ).

My daughter's B6 Festiva is in need of an exhaust system so I'm going to pull the one that currently on the project car and switch it over to hers. Although hers has the B6 it still has the stock B3 exhaust manifold etc.

As soon as it warms up I will get started on the repairs of the front bumper and will make sure the official project photographer is on the job.

Sharon and I have a trip to the Vancouver BC area planned for early in June so I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll be able to take the project on its first "shake down" run.

So... keep watching this space for more news to come.
                            Last edited by fastivaca; 03-27-2014, 12:05 AM.
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

ian, sounds like you have everything well planned out. cant wait to see the pics in progress when you are able to start working on it again. does your daughters car have the b6 ecu & injectors?

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                                ian, sounds like you have everything well planned out. cant wait to see the pics in progress when you are able to start working on it again. does your daughters car have the b6 ecu & injectors?
                                Shanks Danny. My daughter's car is still running the B3 intake manifold, injectors and ECU. It's one of the things we're working on as we have time and resources. I may just swap those items from my current car to hers once the project is done.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                                Last edited by fastivaca; 03-27-2014, 07:27 AM.
                                Ian
                                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X