Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedal assembly installed with new pads

Comment

Rio (2004) power steering rack with Festiva inner tie rods. Bolted directly the same as the Festiva manual rack. I decided to keep the lines as I may want to add power to the rack sometime in the future.

Comment

Wow, wrecked 3 times and still at it. If that isnt love to a festy i dont know what is. Now i know its all material stuff, its a car and im glad u weren't hurt in that accident, but man, if i even get a scratch on mine i think id blow a gasket haha. U took that better than i wouldve. But then again i had a 10 lb peice of iron come through my windshield in a nice corolla i had a few months ago while on the freeway doing 70 with my wife and kids and i didnt care a bit about the car but was concerned about my family so i guess i see it while im not in danger and once things happen my state of mind changes. Maybe thats what happened to you. Either way man great build and im also subbed! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!

It's been tough to find time to work on it and now it has turned cold out in the garage.

I got the flywheel situation sorted. After failing twice, the Brute Force brand flywheel does not accept the pilot shaft bearing correctly, I remedied this with a Luk brand flywheel. Yesterday I finally was able to install the Exedy clutch and begin mounting the trans to the engine.

The only difference I can see between the auto and the manual crossmembers is the plate that I assume is there to protect the shifting linkage from debris. I plan to use the original auto crossmember (shimmed down 1/2 inch for the B6D) because it is much better condition than the manual crossmember I have. Hopefully the plate will never be needed lol. Also installing all new isolator bushings from 4Green

Comment

This is what I have left of the 5 speed cars engine wiring harness (The part that the mice didn't eat). I don't know if I need to use this harness or not for the 5 speed swap. I would prefer to keep the clutch switch/reverse lights/etc in working order. If that requires using this harness then I will try to make it work.

Comment

Skrap, I left Bounce cloths inside my Festiva, in the engine compartment, in the tailpipe, in the plenum louvers, everywhere. So far, no vermin this year. I can help you out with the speed control/resume functions on your cruise.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 12-31-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                Skrap, I left Bounce cloths inside my Festiva, in the engine compartment, in the tailpipe, in the plenum louvers, everywhere. So far, no vermin this year. I can help you out with the speed control/resume functions on your cruise.
                That's awesome! My parts car sat in a field for a long time before I bought it, not sure how long but I think the snake took care of the mice before he shed his skin and exited through the firewall.

If I ever get it running again I will definitely hit you up for some help with the cruise.

Comment

Had a good day today. Got the shifter assembly reworked per Advanced Shift Linkage Repair and added a civic short shifter. I will be ready to install the assembly when the time comes.
                  Received the custom mount from Charlie in the mail today and installed it to the block. Lowered the crossmember 3/8".

I have a condition with the starter bolts. One of the threaded holes in the case has some stripped threads and the bolt is very tight going in. I couldn't find a 10x1.25 tap around town so I ordered one online and will have to wait. I think it's best if I resolve this with the engine out of the car. Not sure yet how to fix it.

Comment

Definitely best to remedy that out of the car. You may have to install a helicoil
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

A tap may bring those threads back. Worked on mine but my threads werent nearly that bad. If it does work is there enough room for a nut behind that flange?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

The tap worked! I was even able to torque the starter bolts down to spec.

Comment

Crossmember shims to lower engine

Custom mount from AdvancedDynamics to lower the engine

Comment

Finally, I hope I have done all the prep work correctly. Notice the damage from the first wreck by the passenger headlight.

Comment

Capri B6D Engine mounted!

Comment

Looking great man

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                                Festiver
                                93 L find/5 speed
                                BP/g15mr swapped
                                Aspire brake swapped
                                Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                                stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                                rustful
                                maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                                advanced suspension
                                kai/skeeter camber
                                b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Working...
                                X