No announcement yet.

The Hoopty (build thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ what William said that's what I did I love the throw but 1st and 2nd hits my exhaust "for every up there's a down" lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Festiver
    93 L find/5 speed
    BP/g15mr swapped
    Aspire brake swapped
    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
    stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
    rustful
    maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
    advanced suspension
    kai/skeeter camber
    b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

I also modified the stock shifter by lengthening the bottom 3/8" and it's very nice. Mine clears the exhaust fine.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I already change my mind like the wind changes directions.... everything I do gets done at least twice. rofl. I just might go back to the stock shifter (modified of course) after I fix the exhaust issue. I like the oem seal to be able to keep out the elements.

Comment

Hey Bob, you asking for help is not a bother, I enjoy our talks about our cars and the things we do to them. you pulled the engine and trans to find the vibration, I pulled the engine and trans only to find out that it was not the rear crank seal but a pan gasket leak, keep up the good work, your car looks great.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            I also modified the stock shifter by lengthening the bottom 3/8" and it's very nice. Mine clears the exhaust fine.
            Oh see I did an inch extra explains my issues

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            Festiver
            93 L find/5 speed
            BP/g15mr swapped
            Aspire brake swapped
            Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
            stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
            rustful
            maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
            advanced suspension
            kai/skeeter camber
            b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Originally posted by Skrapbob View Post
              I drove it to work 3 days last week. I have noticed though that I have a strange vibration at all times, from start up, idle, any speed, clutch, no clutch, it never goes away. I have tried adjusting timing, compression check, pulleys... Bugged SC72 too much (sorry Karl).
              I have all new engine mounts, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, flywheel, clutch.... on and on.... I have made so many changes to the car, all at once.
              I tried different distributors, VAF, coil, all to no avail! Finally, paranoid, I went into the clutch. Spent all day tearing it down, everything looked good so I started reassembling, hoping for the best. Then..... Plain as day!

My catalytic converter is riding HARD against the shift linkage! It's a little bittersweet. Knowing I did things right when assembling and it wasn't something that I did, but pissed at the hack job the muffler shop did. A well respected muffler shop at that, and the owner did the work himself. I guess he's human too...
              Exhaust issue was fixed. So.... Two months later.... I am still working the bugs out of The Hoopty. The engine runs nice though, quiet with good power. Drives fabulous on the road and around town. Still battling with the vibration problem. I am to the point of removing the new Luk flywheel and Exedy clutch, and reinstalling the factory flywheel and clutch, just to see if this eliminates the vibration.

From Rockauto: (LuK conventional flywheels are dynamically balanced to reduce vibration and improve clutch performance. All new – never remanufactured – every flywheel component is engineered and built to original-equipment specifications, including the ring gear and dowel pins.)
              Last edited by Skrapbob; 05-12-2017, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X