X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by william View Post
    Wires coming down from fire wall.

ecu's new home.

This is just temporary so I can fab up a mount. I will dollie out the factory tab there and use some flat stock bent into 90's to secure it. I may end up mounting my fuel pump relay here.
    I noticed these bastards going through the firewall have been letting in a bit of water
    on the Festiva. Looks like I'll be buying some of that strip caulk after all. Should seal it
    up a bit while allowing it to flex some, I'd think.
    1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

Comment

• That's the main reason I didn't drill the fire wall like my last car. I was getting wind around mine and it made for a cold winter lol.
      I had strip culk around it, but It would dry and Crack so I had to replace it yearly . Problem with going threw the wall is its not flat where you drill.
      Mine would have been better but the boot the wires ran threw is somewhat torn. And my hole saw wasn't the best and kinda messed up the hole.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

That's the main reason I didn't drill the fire wall like my last car. I was getting wind around mine and it made for a cold winter lol.
        I had strip culk around it, but It would dry and Crack so I had to replace it yearly . Problem with going threw the wall is its not flat where you drill.
        Mine would have been better but the boot the wires ran threw is somewhat torn. And my hole saw wasn't the best and kinda messed up the hole.

Fortunately in Florida I shouldn't have to worry about it cracking due to the cold.
        I'd be more concerned with it melting in the 500* weather
        1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

Comment

Test fitting my b6d harness threw the passenger fender.
          I may have to lengthen a few wires to get my ecu where I want to mount it with having ac
          How did you get all the harness through the small hole??? I've managed to squeeze a lot of it through there but not sure if the rest will go. Did you use the entire harness or remove some parts?

Thanks
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• It's kinda tricky. I didn't remove any plugs. There's only one way it will all fit I tried a few times and failed I had to put the vaf part thew first if I remember correctly.
            I didn't have the wire covering on when I fed it thew though witch helped some.

I have it out again and will be putting it back threw shortly I'll get some pictures of the process next time.

Comment

It's kinda tricky. I didn't remove any plugs. There's only one way it will all fit I tried a few times and failed I had to put the vaf part thew first if I remember correctly.
              I didn't have the wire covering on when I fed it thew though witch helped some.

I have it out again and will be putting it back threw shortly I'll get some pictures of the process next time.

That would be extremely helpful, thank you.

Ian
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Ok so there was a short break in the weather . I ran out and looked at the harness to jog my memory I believe I had to run the tps part of the harness first. Because of the big plug from the injector harness on that one.
                After you have that one in I believe you need to do the afm plug next because it's the next biggest and if you put anything els through there it won't fit.
                I would have ran it all threw and taken pictures but it started poring again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SWRT View Post
                  I noticed these bastards going through the firewall have been letting in a bit of water
                  on the Festiva. Looks like I'll be buying some of that strip caulk after all. Should seal it
                  up a bit while allowing it to flex some, I'd think.
                  Use DAP door and window caulk. Flexible and good for 50 years. I used it around the plastic fasteners and screws when I mounted the rear spoiler
                  Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                  Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                  Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                  Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Well I was tired of waiting for someone with a truck to help me get my engine hoist from my parents. So I went with the chain hoist and half rotten maple limb lol.

I need to get this head rebuilt on the b6d. 2 years ago when I redid the bottom end. I didn't touch the head and my compression numbers didn't really improve and I could still see the factory honing marks so I think the low compression is do to the valves not fully seating.
                    This engine sat for several years in the capri with a bad slave cylinder.

Comment

• Ok so trying to get this wiring done. I did get the ecu and fuel pump relay mounted under the dash I decided to use an existing whole and a peace or flat stock to mount the ecu.

Here's where the ignition plug makes it to now. That is right to the right side of the ac box.
                      No I'm just trying to decide of I want the wiring to be mounted up under the firewall lip or just run it low behind the engine.
                      I'm having some trouble getting the wires to reach where they used to be. So I had to lengthen 2 plugs.
                      I'll get pictures of the wiring later it got dark on me.

Comment

• Nice! This is getting better with each post!
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Thanks. I'm just so ready to be driving it,it's been way to long.

Comment

This is just temporary so I can fab up a mount. I will dollie out the factory tab there and use some flat stock bent into 90's to secure it. I may end up mounting my fuel pump relay here.
                            I used the right hand ECU mount for my Viper power lock controller. You just have to weld the mount tab for the factory bracket. The left hand ECU mount is for cruise control only.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 08-20-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Well I was tired of waiting for someone with a truck to help me get my engine hoist from my parents so I disassemble it and got it in the taurus.
                              I usly just pull the engine and leave the trans in the car but this is no longer my only form of transportation so I'm gunna pull the trans and engine and clean every thing up really well.
                              Problem was both axels were stuck and after prying on the for 2 days I was about to go crazy so I built this.

it's a 2 foot peice of 7/16 all thread screwed into vice grips and a peace of pipe for the hammer with some washers and 2 nuts to make the hammer stop. I also bought a peace to add a not her 2 foot section on for the passenger side although not really needed. It got one out but still can't get the other out.
                              I did however get a stuck axel out of my spair 5 speed that's been stuck for over a year. I'm gunna keep working on the stuck cup but it may just have to stay and get new boots.
                              But the engine and trans is out and now for some major cleaning

Comment

• ^^ Wow, very inventive. I like it!
                                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                                X