No announcement yet.

new build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicely done. Good approach. This way you can get all the wiring out of the way before the engine goes in. Very good idea. Oh and your other post says something about world's slowest build.... My Festiva is still not done and I started my build somewhere around 06.... Lol. Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Looking good William! Post pictures when you get your ECM mounted. I didn't have A/C in my car, so I had more room. Are you bringing the car to Madness this year?
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by william View Post
        Test fitting my b6d harness threw the passenger fender.
        I may have to lengthen a few wires to get my ecu where I want to mount it with having ac
        Watching this with great interest. Just about to wire my B6T Festiva and I have A/C!
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Man, after looking through this I think I'll paint my rear panels this weekend...if it doesn't rain.
          1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

Comment

• Originally posted by red90festyonair View Post
            Nicely done. Good approach. This way you can get all the wiring out of the way before the engine goes in. Very good idea. Oh and your other post says something about world's slowest build.... My Festiva is still not done and I started my build somewhere around 06.... Lol. Keep up the good work.
            Thanks I'm hoping to get all the wiring in place by Saturday and then swap in the b6d.
            Last edited by william; 07-23-2015, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              Looking good William! Post pictures when you get your ECM mounted. I didn't have A/C in my car, so I had more room. Are you bringing the car to Madness this year?
              Thank you and no unfortunately I won't make madness this year. I have a wedding to attend that day. I'm hoping to mount my ecu behind the passenger speaker. I'm still trying to figure out what all I can remove from the capri harness. And I may have to lengthen 2 plugs to get them up to were they need to be.
              The charcoal canister valve thing and fpr

Comment

• Dubble post
                Last edited by william; 07-23-2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                  Watching this with great interest. Just about to wire my B6T Festiva and I have A/C!
                  I'll keep the pictures coming. It was getting late yesterday so I didn't get many.

Comment

• Originally posted by SWRT View Post
                    Man, after looking through this I think I'll paint my rear panels this weekend...if it doesn't rain.
                    Sorry for all the post but I can get my phone to multi quote
                    I recommend using a 2k clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by william View Post
                      Sorry for all the post but I can get my phone to multi quote
                      I recommend using a 2k clear.
                      Is that stuff as dangerous as people say?
                      I was looking for a satin finish vs gloss. I'll see what I can find.
                      My time to do stuff is sadly very limited and it's been raining a
                      butt ton here lately. I'd love to do some stuff to my car like you
                      do with yours though. The sound deadening would be awesome.
                      Any guess at how much weight it adds?
                      1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

Comment

• No Idea on weight the deadner adds. I would say under 3 lbs. For the roof but it's been awhile.
                        And 2 k just means it has a hardner in it. Witch helps with uv protection and durability i would recommend a cheap 3m spray mask if your not outside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ok I'm take wires out of this harness I don't need do anybody know what the relay next to the fuel pump relay? From the looks of it I don't need it. But would like confirmation.

Comment

• I was able to remove this from the harness.

lengthened 3 wires to get this
                            This gives me much more wire to move my ecu behind my speaker. All other wires were long enough but those 3 I just made the 3 the same as the others. Added about 8 inches.
                            I could have shortened all wired about a foot but I just returned them as factory did.

Comment

• Wires coming down from fire wall.

ecu's new home.

This is just temporary so I can fab up a mount. I will dollie out the factory tab there and use some flat stock bent into 90's to secure it. I may end up mounting my fuel pump relay here.

Comment

• Nice work!
                                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
                                X