Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

» TheGageinator's 1996 Aspire Build thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks different. In theory a more restrictive manifold should create more low end torque. I've only ever heard about tracers having that engine, 88 to 89, there's got to be someone that's an expert on it though.

Comment

The 86-89 323s and 88-89 Tracers had the gen1 B6.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

My '96 Aspire just turned over 110,000 this summer-

You are NOT ALLOWED to have LESS miles on yours!

Part of the reason mine is that low is because I used to drive the 88 Festy with no heating core in the warm months, and because the last few years I've saved a lot of miles riding a motorized bike- see my thread in off-topics
        I bought it about 11 years back now at 35,000 and so the oil has been changed religiously and clean as a whistle!

anyway, I'd like to do this to my Aspire and new 91 Festy-

one question- when the unit comes out, is the gas tank sitting open under you then?
        does the sending unit actually sit down in the tank or is there another line connection at the bottom?

oops, that's two questions......
        Last edited by harpon; 08-17-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

The gas tank is directly under the rear seat. There is an access panel to remove under the carpet. Beneath the access panel is the actual gas tank and you have access to remove the fuel pump retaining screws. The fuel pump sits down inside the tank. There is only 1 fuel line to remove on top. Once it is removed, you have to just wiggle the pump unit around to get it out.
          Last edited by TheGageinator; 08-18-2014, 08:13 AM.
          1996 Ford Aspire 105kmiles

Comment

Originally posted by harpon View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16168[/ATTACH]

My '96 Aspire just turned over 110,000 this summer-

You are NOT ALLOWED to have LESS miles on yours!

Part of the reason mine is that low is because I used to drive the 88 Festy with no heating core in the warm months, and because the last few years I've saved a lot of miles riding a motorized bike- see my thread in off-topics
            I bought it about 11 years back now at 35,000 and so the oil has been changed religiously and clean as a whistle!

anyway, I'd like to do this to my Aspire and new 91 Festy-

one question- when the unit comes out, is the gas tank sitting open under you then?
            does the sending unit actually sit down in the tank or is there another line connection at the bottom?

oops, that's two questions......
            I also have a 96 Aspire with only 98,000 miles and a 95 Aspire with only 57,000 miles.

Comment

I think I need an EGR map sensor. I have code P0470. I have have cleaned the EGR valve and I have the code almost immediately after its cleared. Which would mean it's a sensor.

Comment

I've been hearing a horrible rattling / banging sound in the rear since i bought the car, turns out it was the driver side rear strut. i will buy 2 rear struts. found some on EBAY for $28 each.

for the front, im going to get the Kia rio 2001 struts and springs. i found some for $40 each used. i most people said i will have to cut 1 coil for the car to sit right. no problem

Comment

Replaced my brake pads and rotors. Got the rotors from autozone for $19.99 each. just got cheap brake pads. i noticed that the brake calipers are almost identical to my 2002 ford ZX2 calipers.... i brake pads fit on the calipers, but are a little longer... i may try to put them on and see what happens. i think it would touch the hub of the rotors..

Comment

dude you can post that somewhere else... haha start a build thread or something. i dont care about your cars! this is TheGageinator's build thread.

Comment

Got my windows tinted today! Legal up front and limo on the rear 3 windows. $95 lifetime warranty woot.

pics soon

Comment

Why all the thread hi- jacking ?
                        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

i am wondering the same thing, go away turd

Comment

How do the Rio struts compare to the base aspire ones, why the swap?

Comment

the rio struts have bearings under the upper strut mounts which make it easier to steer. like "power steering" they say they are also a fee years newer so they should be in better shape. however, the kia struts will raise an Aspire too high and you will have the cut a coil off the springs for them to sit right.

Comment

The window tint pictures i promised...

before

after!

Comment

Working...
                                X