Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

» TheGageinator's 1996 Aspire Build thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im gonna make a intake out of PVC pipe i think.... i need to measure my throttle body and MAF. i think its 2.5inches.....
    1996 Ford Aspire 105kmiles

Comment

The throttle body is 2.5inches. As is the MAF. So 2" rubber water pipe will work with some pvc pipe.

I took my exhaust off last night. Hollowed out my cat because it was rattling, and started on the resonator removal also. It was rattling too.

Comment

Both of the catalytic convert studs on the rest broke off when I was loosening them. I used lots of perpetrating fluid but oh well. I re threaded them and got new nuts. There was enough left to still use the studs. The thread pattern was M10 X 1.50

Comment

Comment

Did more work today. I Removed my resonator and put my exhaust back together. I also starred on my new Intake made of 2inch Inside diameter pvc pipe.

What do you guys think about the intake?

Ps I will try to get a high flow catalytic converter soon. The exhaust sounds really echoey when accelerating.

Comment

Comment

Comment

got my Miata wheels today woohoo! they have some 185/60/14 tires in really good shape. pics tomorrow

the Miatas came with the lightest factory wheels ever. they had some that weighed only 9lbs. those are exspensive. The ones i got are 10.8lbs each
                  Last edited by TheGageinator; 08-25-2014, 08:49 PM.

Comment

sweeeeet

maybe i will lower the rear...

Comment

Need air filter

Comment

I'm gonna get a spectre short filter probably. The stock intake is on the car I'm not running it with the pvc pipe like that haha. I was just laying it all out and cutting/fitting.

Here is a thread I made on my Ford zx2 try ram air intake

Comment

Soo.... I think my fuel filler neck is leaking.... anyone have this happen before?

Comment

I figured out what the fuel smell was in my car. I opened up the fuel neck cover ad saw that 2 of the smaller EVAP lines were cracked wide open. I replaced ALL the lines with some 1/4inch fuel line. glad my filler neck wasnt bad!

take out the back seat

pull up the carpet to avoid possible fuel spillage

Remove plastic panels

remove all 10mm bolts holding down fuel filler/EVAP cover

remove 2 bolts retaining the EVAP solenoid and canister. makes it easier to get to the lines

new lines!

Comment

Finished my intake and PCV catch cans today! lookie.

Comment

gage, why didn't you just get rid of that evap mess + tubing?
                                All you need is a vented gas cap.
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 09-02-2014, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X