Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

» TheGageinator's 1996 Aspire Build thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. Didn't think about any of that. So I can cap off all the lines and just get a vented cap? That sounds MUCH better to hsve fumes vented OUTSIDE instead of right behind my seat where they can leak.... Any downsides to removing a functioning evap setup?
    Last edited by TheGageinator; 09-03-2014, 10:15 PM.
    1996 Ford Aspire 105kmiles

Comment

Nobody looks there. A little less weight. Lots of room to install a fuel door actuator. Can also remove the charcoal canister. No canisters until the seventies.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 09-03-2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

It's easy to vent a gas cap. It almost the same as modifying a low flow aerator in a faucet. Just get a screwdriver to pop out the pressure release mechanism. The goal is able to blow through it. There can't be a vacuum in the gas tank that would prevent gas from flowing.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 09-03-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I will definitely do this. Going to get a vented cap.

Anyone done an alignment at home and have some help for me? I did it my usual way and it just doesn't seem right..... After taking all my measurements, it looks like my passenger front it towed out still. I do what I may have done wrong

Comment

Here is a video I made on how I do my alignments

Alignment on a Ford ZX2: http://youtu.be/ZFSHhulWtM0
            Last edited by TheGageinator; 09-04-2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

got all 3 of these today from a salvage yard for $10 to hopefully fix my exhaust pressure check engine code

Comment

wow read this thread. i think this is most likely my issue... but ill go ahead and put all 3 of those switches/solenoids on also
                Last edited by TheGageinator; 09-07-2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I Decided to check my EGR intake runner after reading that thread and BAM! lots of nasty crud all through the entire length of the runner from the EGR valve all the way to the Throttle body it was solid black crap. I decided not to remove the lower manifold, i just cleaned it really well in place with lots of carb cleaner and a wire and brush. I took apart the upper intake and cleaned it as well as the throttle body. I also decided to go ahead and make my car a little faster by painting the valve cover. i used some left over metallic flake torredor red that i had from a ZX2. here are some pictures.

underside of the intake manifold. un screw the hex plug to find more crud

Comment

Working...
                  X