No announcement yet.

'89 Festiva build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zman, I drove down Barton Street the other day (Friday) looking for your Festiva.
    I dropped off the power steering pump with John Stuart for AlaskaFestivaGuy.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-19-2016, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Haha, I've not driven it for a couple weeks, the clutch is done in my diesel Jetta and I'm back commuting in it.
      1990 Flat black Festiva...Mostly stock...

Comment

Had the tuna fish can at a local car show last weekend. If I had a dollar for every time I heard "I haven't seen one of these in x amount of years", I'd be rich. I was nursing a hangover and sleeping it off in our VW bus, and some friends decided to enter it in the lowest car limbo.

Comment

Came across this while browsing kijiji Canada tonight. It's within driving distance. Any thoughts regarding these? Unless I'm using eBay wrong, pickins are slim for B6 engines...

Comment

Well, I pulled the trigger on an engine swap today. A turnkey Mazda B6D engine popped up on the forum for sale last night, by this afternoon we had worked out a deal. For $300 I got the engine, modified harness, ecm, all sensors and a larger rad from an auto car. From 58hp to 100 for $300?, I'll take that.

The only issue is I have to drive to West Virginia to get it, but it's only about 8 hours away. I had pretty much given up hope of finding a donor car up here, and was starting to look at possibly importing a Mercury Capri XR2 from the states, but this solves that issue! Pick it up the last weekend of November.

Comment

You will love it!!
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I still have not made the trip to Shadetree's to pick up the swap, any weekend I've been available, the weather has been awful. Should be able to get down in the next month. The swap won't be taking place till the summer as I currently have the engine out of our '72 VW bus for a clutch replacement/engine reseal, and we just bought a '75 Mercedes W115 that I am installing aftermarket air ride in.

However, this arrived yesterday, and I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just saw your thread on VW vortex after seeing my Festiva (from RCR) posted there.

Sweet looking build! Definitely following this one
                  Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                  Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                  Feel free to PM me anytime!
                  Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                  Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                    Just saw your thread on VW vortex after seeing my Festiva (from RCR) posted there.

Sweet looking build! Definitely following this one
                    Thanks man! Loved the RCR bit on your car

Comment

Dragged the old girl out of winter storage yesterday after replacing the broken speedo cable and the bad RR wheel bearings.

Installed my new shift knob from the group buy

Looking good!

And some exciting news, A B6T swap popped up for sale 25 minutes from my house. I'm purchasing the swap from Damkid and having it installed by him as I just don't have the time between refreshing our VW bus and our old Benz. To say I'm excited is an understatement, as this was what I wanted from the get go but could not find. Shadetree was nice enough to let me sell the B6D I bought from him from his house.

Damkid has agreed to start the swap in the next month or so, so I'll have the car for the summer.

Comment

Woot!
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Very nice!
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Sweet! Car looks Great!
                            "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                            sigpic
                            "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                            "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                            "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                            "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Nice score! I'm getting the one on the left of yours haha
                              Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                              Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                              Feel free to PM me anytime!
                              Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                              Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! It is pretty clean as far as Canadian Festivas go, though there is some rust on the rear wheel arches.

Comment

Working...
                                X