Alice and The Festicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid_RallyX_82 View Post
    What did you do for drainage on the floor? It looks like the deadener is covering the holes
    Thanks for reminding me. My decision was to plug all the holes, cover all the floor with deadner, get a good floormat with sides and be more consious about knocking the snow off my feet and emptying the floormat. Then in the spring and if we get a warm spell in the winter turning a fan on it for a few hours to dry it right out. In the winter my drivers floorpan in the past has turned into a large mass of ice, it doesnt drain and salt water spray comes up through those holes and then the salt sits all year in the floorpan. What i should have done is epoxy those holes closed, the sound deadner may lift after a while.... it was a tough decision and i didnt see a good solution. But i figure if i get a good floormat and knock the snow off my boots i will get less salt in there than if i have road spray coming up those holes. Here is my first festivas floorpan. In the third photo you can see the rust went right up the side of the rocker and it was soft enough i could stick my finger through even up near the top. My decision may be wrong, its not something im confident on. Let me know what you think

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I imagine using a rust inhibitor or rust converter on the floor pan might be better than sealing it, but then again I live in the SoCal deserts, so I probably don't see as much snow as you do. I expect to live here for a while and then probably in Washington or Oregon, so since I don't expect consistent snow I'll probably try to leave grooves in the deadener for drainage, but idk yet how that's gonna work for insulation... maybe lay some thin tubing under the pads and route them through the existing grooves? Lol
      A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
      Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

Got some deadener and insulation on my doors, roof, firewall and some of the floor
        (Trying to figure out how to post pictures, so if this look weird I'm sorry)

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Comment

Comment

Over this I used Dynaliner, cut to fit over as much of the skin as I could cover

Stopping ~1 inch from the seam so I can clean it out easily before oiling

Pretty much full coverage on the roof

Comment

Here is my More-Complicated-Than-It-Needs-To-Be solution for drainage

I bent up some scrap copper tubing to fit the floor pans (not symetrical L-R) and lead to drain holes, drilled a few holes, and painted. I couldn't find a 1/4" tubing bender, so it looks shabby

Left

Right

And laid insulation to help direct water to the tubing and to the drain holes
              Left

Right

Comment

Since I'm putting in nice CC rubber foam, should I tear the cloth insulation off the carpet? It kinda stinks. Or should I vacuum and steam it? Same question for the mat that goes from the footwell up the firewall

Comment

Working...
                X