No announcement yet.

SHO's ARE slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.. I remain skeptical under further proven, beating them when you are talking about a guy who can't drive it and you knowing every square inch of yours and knowing your investment is a 1/5 maybe a 1/4 their cost at times... I've seen my buddies Spec Miata run faster lap times than a New Z06 at the Shenandoah Circuit just because it didn't have race tires nor a driver risking it all... I mean I give your car credit as well I'm sure as from what I can see from your Cardomain it is very track worthy if not fully prepped minus the cage and tires... -Kyle
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Like I said, you don't have to believe it. I doesn't matter to me. I was able to show the people around here that I could do it as well as my dad. The only thing I'm missing on my car for track use, and even hard canyon driving is an oil cooler, but that will come in time. They shut down three of our tracks for good this year, so I only have one track to go to (which is 2 hours away).

Thanks for looking at my cardomain page though.

As far as the Z06, I've seen the times they can do with track tires and a real driver. I know it will pull faster times around our track ;-)
      Jason

http://members.cardomain.com/yamahasho

Comment

What race tires do you run since apparently you must have them, surely if all you are worrying about is an oil cooler... -Kyle

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

I've only had my red car out on track that one day before I spun a rod bearing, so I was on street tires.

When we use race tires on the track SHO, we've always gone with Victoracers. Traction in third gear is hard to come by, even on race tires. I figured that out the first time I drove the car on track. I hit the front straight at WOT and I was lighting up the tires. Even 9" rims on wrong wheel drive does not help.

Racing against higher dollar machines

IIRC, this was a Turbo Vette

Chasing down and F40

Chasing a DSR

Yup, SHO's are slow ;-)

Jason

Comment

Any car with that kind of prep such as the Silver one would do awesome on track... So please don't think they own all.. Nor do Festiva's but we stay on our own board minding our own damn business. We don't need to jump boards to tell other people on the internet our cars are better. And really after all that prep work that's done to the Silver one, you still can't race anything but Solo 1 and Solo 2... What race class would that fall under???? Are there any classifications for wrong wheel drive 3000+lb cars? :roll: -Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Silv3rBull3t
              Any car with that kind of prep such as the Silver one would do awesome on track... So please don't think they own all.. Nor do Festiva's but we stay on our own board minding our own damn business. We don't need to jump boards to tell other people on the internet our cars are better. And really after all that prep work that's done to the Silver one, you still can't race anything but Solo 1 and Solo 2... What race class would that fall under???? Are there any classifications for wrong wheel drive 3000+lb cars? :roll: -Kyle
              A little defensive are we? I NEVER said SHO's own all. If fact, they are not the optimal car for track, but can do well. That track car doesn't have much more done than I have done on my car.

I'm on MANY car forums... If you don't like me.... OH WELL....
              Jason

Comment

I wasn't aiming at you per say more like all of the Taurus SHO owners who have jumped boards just to say this is BS... And the Silver one has Race tires and a gutted interior and a Roll cage.. All of which are a huge help on track. -Kyle

Comment

The roll cage added back the removed weight on the car as it sits at 3,100 lbs and it also raises the center of gravity

All the exotics in the videos were on race tires too.

As far as the other SHO owners.... They simply do not believe the original post. Simple as that.
                  Jason

Comment

Didn't think I would get this much of a response to this. After all, nobody responded to this for quite a WHILE.
                    It's been a few years since my festiva has run properly. When she was in prime shape, it was a quick little car. No it didn't have an engine swap, but There was alot of time wrapped up into the engine in the car. I worked full time at a machine shop and learned alot about building race engines there. I in turn used the shop to mod my festiva engine. Everything from the blueprinted block, lightened crank to the flow benched headwork that went into the top end, she was a runner. Ported intake and exhaust manifolds helped some too. Never dyno'd it though.Match that with 1500 pnds of lightened festiva and driver with someone who CAN drive(most cannot) and the results WILL suprise you.
                    As for the Naysayers - It happened - DEAL WITH IT. You were not there. If the car was still performing the way it used to, (and I still worked at the machine shop) I would be up for a demonstration. But the car has been retired and now rests behind my shop. If anyone lives in the Syracuse NY area and heads to the thompson rd cruise spot(dunkin doughnuts) you can still find people there that remember my festiva and can tell you some of the stories themselves. Can you say your SHO was that memorable? :wink:
                    Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

Actually, my car is that memorable around here.

Comment

Good go have fun with your 3000+lb wrong wheel drive boat.

Comment

He he he!

I really don't mind the SHO folks coming in and posting. I learned a bit about the car, which I like (early versions with the V6), but would like better if Ford had offered a stripped down version without PW and all the other unnecessary luxo crap.

I really like all the stories, but the only "bragging rights" that should count are verified time slips or videos.

As for me, I'm not into the higher performance arena. I'm still a mechanical newbie who just did his first engine swap on an ATX. When I do my 5 speed I'll only be looking for about 110 hp from my next B6 swap.

My goal is simply to have a nice, well-balanced plate of characteristics (speed, handling, fuel economy, cost-effectiveness, etc.) that I can enjoy.

Now for some bragging:

My ATX B6 Festiva will DESTROY any SHO, Corvette OR Ferrari in the "fitting into a tiny parking spot" contest!

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

OMG not a slo

I can't even understand why anyone would defend a slo that anyone can even feel like its an icon of speed. Its an over glorified family car, and to even get flustered that a festiva beat it shows how truly slo they are. I raced one in my 95 eclipse and can't believe I wasted my time.
                            THE INCREDIBLE HULKSTIVA

Comment

The SHO is over folks.
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Working...
                              X