Road Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
    I may have sent a certain someone a japanese b6t hot item....hope to see pics in the near future.
    b6t intake manifold?
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
      It starts at 5 pm and goes till 10 so however many people are there is what predicts how many runs you get. Normally anywhere from 2-5 runs. Also depends how many rotarys break.

Hey Hey, be nice:nono:

Comment

• ^ LMFAO, I love rotaries, but I have a few videos of Rx7s dead on the side of the track, and one was on fire! Lol. To be fair they are mostly spec and pro7 cars, which is a pretty grassroots group. The Miata cars don't seem to have nearly as many failures though. Lol.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-20-2012, 07:49 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• That's 'cus the wiring and fuel systems is better in reciprocating air pump cars than those durn rotor pumpers !:eeeeeek:
          No car too fast !

Comment

• Ran Tweak at INDE racing ranch again this last weekend with some different settings and I beat my previous best lap time by 4 seconds!
            http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...x/DSC03158.jpg
            More pictures and video to come. I have some good footage chasing a Corvette driven by a very experienced driver for around 15 laps, he couldn't shake the Festiva and he had to come over to my pit after to see just what makes "that little car" go so fast. Lol.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 09-03-2012, 12:56 AM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• ^ 4 secs,thats a huge gain! Awesome,that Porsche better get its act together cuz here comes TWEAK!
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• Charlie, want to get a few more mph down the straights?

Take those wipers off. AdvanceAerodynamics yo.

My car traps 2mph faster in the 1/4 with the wipers off and mirrors folded in.

Also I was wondering, how much Meth do you go thru is a heat race? Say 10 laps=1 gallon? Just curious
                Last edited by eurotiva; 09-03-2012, 01:10 PM.
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                  For real? if so, thats quite the difference just for those little changes :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    That is for BP cars..something with only 250 horses or so.. wouldn't
                    work with V6's, might even slow them down because of possible lift
                    and further tire smoke!
                    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      Every little bit helps. Hold your hand out at 100 mph and it's Big drag. I also wax my wiindshield.
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Every little bit helps. Hold your hand out at 100 mph and it's Big drag. I also wax my wiindshield.
                        Last edited by DriverOne; 09-03-2012, 05:30 PM.
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Charlie, want to get a few more mph down the straights?

Take those wipers off. AdvanceAerodynamics yo.

Also I was wondering, how much Meth do you go thru is a heat race? Say 10 laps=1 gallon? Just curious
                          2 mph? wow! That's quite a difference. I use my mirrors (yeah, someday I won't have to, but there are still faster cars that I have to be cautious of) but the wipers are coming off next time for sure! I see them moving around a bunch at speed. I have worked on teams where we would clear tape the body seams of the car for an advantage, and wax the windshields too, but I'm not that competitive yet. Lol. The wipers are simple though and they are a distraction sometimes.

Funny you ask about the meth. My pump broke (think the bearing in it is seized) this weekend so I didn't use any, I just filled her up with Torco hotrod 110 leaded and let her rip! Normally though, I go through a little less than 1 Carby festiva washer bottle full (they hold less than half a gallon) during a 30 minute session. It's very cheap, because the methanol is only 2.40 a gal and I mix it 50/50 with water which is free. The Torco 110 is much more expensive. lol.
                          One other thing that I have noticed with the water meth injection is that it's much more consistent than a front mount intercooler. Most cars that beat me down the straights by just a little with front mounts in the morning, are getting pulled pretty hard by me in the afternoon when track temp is often 40-50 degrees higher. My car doesn't lose power as the day goes on, it actually seems to run better with hot air, maybe it's utilizing more of the water with more heat. I can't tell you for sure exactly why, but it has been this way at every track I've raced. No intercooler to heat soak, and the engine management has less difference to compensate for is my best guess.

Comment

• The Ecocivic here has convex mirrors inside the car on the dash, and no mirrors outside. Maybe this concept would work for you, AD.
                            Last edited by DriverOne; 09-03-2012, 06:32 PM.
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Yeah, There are a lot of track cars running the full length "zero blindspot" mirrors inside the car. I've never gotten used to those. I have to back around a lot of things in the pits, and I use my side mirrors for a lot of that too. It's hard to see the tipped over jack stand right next to your rear wheel in those inside mirrors. Some times our pits get quite busy, and stuff gets left out.

Comment

• The next day I go to the track just for testing, I'm going to fold my mirrors in and take the wipers off in the hot pit and compare back to back lap times. I'm usually out there by myself so I won't need them then. It's very interesting. I know there's a lot of potential with aero tuning on these cars, and I'm excited to start with that, but first I need to get my basic wheels and suspension nailed down so I have a baseline to work with. Throwing wings and things at it now will just complicate my chassis tuning. So far I have been able to tune the springs and shock valving to make a festiva out handle corvettes, Ferraris and Porsches on the track, even though these cars have much more power and more rubber on the ground. When an average guy can chase down professional drivers in sports cars with a set of shocks and some sticky tires it really says something for the car he's driving. It's even better when that car gets over over 30mpg city! I love these cars!

Comment

Working...
                                X