Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
    Charlie, it's too bad we live in the south west dessert, how many Festivas
    could show up for a private track day or two at Inde Motorsports Ranch?

PS Look forward to seeing you there at the PAS event!:p
    INDE would be the perfect place for a big southwestiva meet.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• SouthWestiva meet at Inde Motorsports Ranch

I'll ask Carolyn to talk to CJ, to see what it would cost us.
      But god, it would be a LOT of FUN !!!
      No car too fast !

Comment

• I'll get some good footage at the next INDE event so people can see how beautiful of a facility it is, also I think Fordfester and his wife are trying to make it to the next event, so he can give an opinion. If we could get enough interest, this would make for an excellent gtg.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Looks like a grogeous facility. Too bad it's so far away. Even when we're on our road trip next month the closest we get is seven hours away!
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Headed out tomorrow from south dakota to watch charlie race on Saturday.
            Ford Fester

Comment

• Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
              Headed out tomorrow from south dakota to watch charlie race on Saturday.
              Awesome! Have fun sounds like a great time.Wish I could join you-
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• INDE Motorsports Ranch

Last weekend I drove Tweak to INDE Motorsports Ranch in Wilcox, Arizona. It's a beautiful facility with a very well designed and laid out track. The track is around 2.75 miles long and my fastest lap time of the weekend was a 2:10.9 while I was chasing a Porsche 997 twin turbo. I was very honored to be able to take Max (Ford Fester) and his wife April out in Tweak for some good old fashioned full throttle tire abuse! In fact, with Max in the car I wore my R888s down to the chords and things got slippery, but it was still fun. Here is a little teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WerH7QYbL-4 I'll do my best to post more pictures and video. I just got a Mac, so I'm trying my best to learn how to use it to edit video.

Comment

• Thanks to Max for taking a lot of great pictures. It was awesome to have another Festiva at the track, even though JR was too loaded down to join in on the fun.
                  Here's one of my Favorites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                    Thanks to Max for taking a lot of great pictures. It was awesome to have another Festiva at the track, even though JR was too loaded down to join in on the fun.
                    Here's one of my Favorites.
                    http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...x/IMG_0795.jpg
                    Carolyn says nice pic, get more tire under the car! (I agree). Also it was great having you, Max and April down for the event, don't be strangers!
                    No car too fast !

Comment

• My R888s only lasted about 2000 miles, but two thirds of that was on the racetrack laying down some pretty impressive lap times. I wore them down to the belts.

Then I used my worn out R888s to secure a B6D, that I was asked to deliver, into the back of Tweak. She is not only driven 250 miles to the track, she then is used as a pickup truck and driven home another 250 miles.

This shows the true versatility of a Festiva. Most of the cars that can consistently turn the lap times that Tweak is turning are trailered to the track. Tweak is driven, on the same tires that are used on the track and then doubles as a support vehicle for other cars, then can be driven to work on Monday (tuesday in this case). Best track car ever!

Comment

• Looks awesome.Thanks for sharing!
                        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• I just read through this whole thread! What a great read! (and watch!)
                          Heck of a car, and heck of a job drivin'
                          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                            Looks awesome.Thanks for sharing!
                            Originally posted by drddan View Post
                            I just read through this whole thread! What a great read! (and watch!)
                            Heck of a car, and heck of a job drivin'
                            Thanks guys. Glad you enjoy the discussion. More action to come towards the end of the summer, hopefully with more horsepower and more grip!

Comment

• I may have sent a certain someone a japanese b6t hot item....hope to see pics in the near future.
                              Ford Fester

Comment

• Someone is very lucky

Comment

Working...
                                X