No announcement yet.

1st time Autocrossing tips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah my local track is 2 hours away. Their yearly membership is way to much for me. I might give it a go one day tho.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I wonder what kind of permits you'd need to get to hold a "defensive driving education program" on that abandoned airfield by you.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Charlie, anyone, has there been anyone that's figured out a good way to mount a grab bar for passengers to hold onto during autoX? The "pretty little jelly bean" festiva is a big hit with ladies wanting to go in a "less intimidating" car...

btw, second at the last event in SMF
        1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch View Post
          Charlie, anyone, has there been anyone that's figured out a good way to mount a grab bar for passengers to hold onto during autoX? The "pretty little jelly bean" festiva is a big hit with ladies wanting to go in a "less intimidating" car...

Im thinkin either somethjng like this rivited through that pinch weld that the door seals against. Except a 90degree bend on the metal bit with the strap near the top side so it doesnt bent that pinch weld too much.

Or this. With something to keep it from swinging while your not using it.

Nice job on the second place!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by ryanprins13; 04-10-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Something wrong with a racing seat and 5 point harness in the passenger side?
            No car too fast !

Comment

There's a mount point for a factory OSH to be installed...
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I think a member here had a dash mounted grab bar too. It was awhile back. Racing seats with proper harnesses are the best solution.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  There's a mount point for a factory OSH to be installed...
                  The one that is covered up by that ridiculous automatic seat belt?
                  No car too fast !

Comment

Yes, but that's an easy fix since the points are just inside the top edge of the cover.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Whew, thanks for the great suggestions! While I'd love to have racing seats, I tried to fit some in and they're waaay too big for this car. I see two threaded holes where the OSH goes - I'm thinking a webbing handle hard mounted to those would be perfect!

Comment

The factory style are robust as they have a metal strap moulded in.
                        KIA, Ford, Toyota etc I've found handles with the right mounting pitch in the you-pull-it
                        No car too fast !

Comment

good to know, next time im in the junkyard I'll keep an eye out. think I can make it cheaper when considering the time invested in the junkyard tho haha

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch View Post

I have Miata Armrests in my car that have built in grab handles that allow your passenger to pull themselves into the door. They even bolt directly into the Festiva door, with the addition of a clip in a factory hole.

Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                            Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                            Feel free to PM me anytime!
                            Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                            Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

^ that!

Comment

Took second in SMF yesterday, only missed first by a tenth!

This club also does rallycross - if I just throw my 13" tires on instead of my 15" autox wheels, would that be sufficient for some dirt action?

Comment

Working...
                                X