No announcement yet.

Rode in a 426hp 4th gen camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta is bumping mike. We can show you Yankees a good time!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
      ^ well that pretty much covers it, but if you have need of classier accomadations, there are 3 hotels in the small town of Willcox, for more class (and $) there are Casitas at the track.
      we stock 87,91, and 100 octane unleaded as well as E-85 and Methanol. If your car requires 110 leaded, we have that too, but at the shop not the track.
      Time with us can be cheaper than track days, or more expensive if you want to go whole hog.
      PM for details, but right now I'm loadind up for Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Phoenix this weekend!
      Yes, offer open to all responsible Forum members, bring your car if you can! Our only rental Festiva currently is Cauldron, and that is a right hand full!
      Ryal I tried to answer your last pm but your messages are full.
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Have space now in PMs
        No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by RdstrBlk View Post
          Momentum momentum momentum. Very little braking. Not enough power for slow in fast out so yes my lines are scary and dangerous

Ill update my build thread soon. Sorry yall! Just wanted to keep contributing to this very awesome threadjacked conversation
          Good. My first festiva likely had a very bad alignment, blown rear struts and stock everything. If you tried a corner with anything other than slow in and fast out it turned into fast in and backwards out, lol. Or more commonly fishtailing all over the road and ditches with it floored. Anything interesting i did was on gravel, snow or ice. Dry pavement was too quick for me.

Originally posted by RdstrBlk View Post
          I use adjustable end links in the NA to keep my angle between end link and sway bar at 90 degrees as well as end link to LCA

Otherwise, after lowering, susp. Angles are way off and your scrub radius is affected. EDIT: might be mixing concepts here.. if so, please correct me
          I asked about scrub radius in a thread a while back and never got an answer. If you understand it and have time want to tell me more about it? The thread is here, post #48:

Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.

Originally we were talking about wide tires. Heres my experience: 175 width winter tires in snow was useless. Worse than 145 summers.
          Then the other week i went for a drive in my new festiva im building and went on the freeway for a bit. Had the new 165 14in archilles on the front and the new 145/12's on the back. Took a downhill cloverleaf onramp thats fresh pavement and I was comefortable at over 90km/hr around it. Car didnt have much body roll at all. It felt almost like the back wanted to come loose but it was stable and i didnt try any faster as im trying to be careful with the car.
          The rear had some bearing noise so i went back to the shop and loosened the rears up a bit, then adjusted my front toe. It was 3/32 inch toe in and when i adjusted it it ended up a zero.
          Then i put 175/70 R13 tires on the back.

Maybe 2hrs after this first time^ I went out, did the same loop and i started the onramp at 80km/hr and the back end came loose the instant i started to turn and it swung out the entire length of the cloverleaf. Scared me until i realized that the front end wasnt going anywhere. But those tires had way less grip than the 145's.
          Thats all i can offer as a comparison.
          The 165's are amazing on the front, havent tried them on the rear yet.
          I tried the same onramp with 155/80 r13 on the front and the 12's on the back. Didnt go over 70km/hr because i wasnt sure if the sidewalls on the front tires were gonna roll over. [emoji14] it felt a little sketchy.
          Heres a photo of those 175's next to the 145

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by ryanprins13; 04-07-2017, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Good back to back testing Ryan. Thanks for your input!
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
            X