No announcement yet.

So sad this forum is dying / dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First I've logged in for a loooooong time.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      I have not been able to log in smoothly or access the site properly since the last major program update.
      I wish we could go back a revision.
      I have to perform multiple logins and can't see the same info as before.

I took my Festiva out for a bomb along some of the country backroads.
      I am still holding on to it because I know gas prices are going to skyrocket.

My winter project will be to fabricate and install a strut brace.
      I will post my results in a related thread.
      I have to buy some modelling clay at the art shop to see how much hood clearance there is between the air cleaner and the hood.
      I will attempt to log in more frequently.
      bravekozak..I had to mention you over on FB as someone asked about visors from other cars that might fit, you had a pretty good setup as I remember.
      I come over here to see how it is now and then
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I found this place like many out of necessity. Trying to learn & fix a car.
        Two main problems exist here IMO that make its value less & less :
        NO IMAGE STORAGE - Threads dealing with troubleshooting benefit from images & since the site does not host its own images, any pics that are listed disappear over time.
        NO RESOLUTIONS / OFF TOPIC - I don't know how many times I've searched on a problem or a component to find multiple threads, none of which conclude in an accepted solution or definitive answer, but usually devolve into useless unrelated banter between (regular) posters. F'ing wast of time.
        If you want to jerk each other off, go to FB.
        Of the benefits of a traditional threaded forum are its organization & search capabilities, & the focus of key contributors (experts)
        FB is a poor excuse. Too random, too many differing inputs, next to impossible to efficiently search.

Comment

^^ it would help if people chose a subject related to the problem and not something like "Fed up, can someone help"
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I heard a TV talking head today say that, due to COVID-19, "supply chain issues," "chip shortage," etc. the average new car in America now costs $45,000.

Long live the Festiva!
            88L black, dailydriver
            88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
            4 88/89 disassembled
            91L green
            91GL aqua pwrsteer
            92GL red a/c reardmg
            3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
            1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Forums in general have been on the decline for years with Facebook around, too many want quick answers to their questions And not the in-depth technical threads that forums were always great for

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Facebook is a quick and easy way for people to find what they need, and "everyone has it"... but it's not for everyone either. Hopefully with the changes I made the other day, and the forum actually being responsive now and not locking up when you're trying to post... that it helps. We have a wealth of knowledge contained in this place and I'd love to see it continue to grow.

Thanks for all of you who are checking in.
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I sure hope that the lack of activity is not related to the clot shot!
                  The only reason I haven't been on here is because I am too busy with other activities.
                  I just moved out of the city.
                  I am upgrading my new home's electrical service to 200A and my water service to 1", all by myself.
                  I am planning on a second storey addition (only if I can located another four and a half cubes of matching brick).

My Festiva is still on the blocks at the farm. Someone stole my jack.
                  Work closed.
                  I have a new ride.
                  Check it out.
                  What's ironic is the fact that each cylinder in my new ride, displaces almost as much as the entire Festiva engine does!
                  What even more ironic is the fact that the entire Festiva can fit in the back of my truck!

Comment

I sure hope that the lack of activity is not related to the clot shot!
                    The only reason I haven't been on here is because I am too busy with other activities.
                    I just moved out of the city.
                    I am upgrading my new home's electrical service to 200A and my water service to 1", all by myself.
                    I am planning on a second storey addition (only if I can located another four and a half cubes of matching brick).

My Festiva is still on the blocks at the farm. Someone stole my jack.
                    Work closed.
                    I have a new ride.
                    Check it out.
                    What's ironic is the fact that each cylinder in my Sterling Acterra displaces almost as much as the entire Festiva engine does!

Comment

My Fastiva separated at the welds from repeated racing/abuse and had to be cut up for scrap over 14 years ago. I thought I'd stop in to see what's new and am very sad to see that the overall fastest list hasn't been updated since 2014
                      I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Facebook is slowly killing itself by allowing public groups to be constantly bombarded with fake/scam profiles, hopefully that will drive some traffic back to forums. I'm on around 20-25 forums and nearly all of them have really slowed down since FB groups became popular.
                        '88 L- B6d-Sidedraft Dellorto Carbs-G-Series-Advanced Suspension
                        '89 L B3-5 speed-A/C-Advanced Suspension

Project Goldilocks '66 C10 Short Fleet BBW Build
                        '65 C10 Highly Detailed Stock Restoration Thread
                        '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work
                        '66 F100 Full Rotisserie Restoration
                        '40 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Restoration
                        How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster
                        How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners

Comment

See my post above!! Simon I disagree ~ The answers you might receive on FB are just as likely to be WRONG or a regurgitation of someone else with a bias as good info. I read this article https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/why-a...ng-up-and-dying that sums it up pretty good.

Comment

BTW problems persist: FF.jpg

Comment

BTW problems persist: FF.jpg

Comment

Same

Comment

Working...
                                X