No announcement yet.

What do you do for a living..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

graduate with a computer support degree (have A+ cert), minor in web design, and with all of that and all the college loans that i am paying off.... i am a Computer Manager here at our local Best Buy... looking at putting in my 2 weeks, just got a call back for a management position with Checker Auto

Comment

Retired for 13 years from the NCR Corporation where I ran mainframe computers.

Cheers, Paul

92 Festiva GL that I have owned for 12 years.

Comment

I am currently the assistant manager at Goodwill Industries. Looking for something else though, as I'm not a big fan of retail. Trying to get into tattooing, or maybe something auto related.
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Self employed here.
          Auto repair shop owner.

Spent a bit in the military, got out and worked as a auto tech for years and finally decided it was time to do it for myself.
          Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
          1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

I also am in IT. I work for a law firm. that and work on my old farmhouse and raise four daughters and try keep my wife happy. BTW this is my first post.

93 festiva, white, auto. best mpg 44(hypermiling) 38 normal

Comment

I am a retail manager at a shoe store. www.shoevillage.com
              My wife likes my job more then me...
              Current
              08 Mazda 6 wifes...01 volvo s40 1.9t wifes also...
              92 mirage current putting in 4g63t...Shh im cheating on festiva's
              97 rav4 awd 5 speed only 52k of ebay :)
              ...to many cars :) just need another festiva now

Past,
              91 Festiva sold/91 B6t Festiva sold/89 Festiva, sold/88 L Crashed :(
              93 EGT 01 integra ls 07 ford freestyle 02 protege5 1999 Exploder sport
              88 camry alltrac,

Comment

I am a maintenance man at a 120 bed nursing home. My boss is the only other maintenance man and while he is doing paper work to keep the state happy, Just imagine a house with 62 bedrooms and 75 bath rooms I get to tinker with plumbing,electrical, light AC,sheet rock repair, painting,broke windows, phones,drop ceilings.... and any thing 50 woman can complain about. Those fundamentalist LDS's are nuts to want to deal with multiple wives.
                88 Festiva 5 speed
                89 Automatic L with 1 1/4 hitch
                93 parts car(not much left)
                89 free parts car 5 speed
                03 F150 6 cyl 5 speed
                05 Accord 4 cyl 5 speed

"When you've got kids, That's all you've got."

Comment

working in the coal mine(not really)

I was a wrecker driver slash manager until an awful fight with a catch basin with no lid and tall grass growing over the darn thing so you couldnt see the darn hole. I've been off work for a year and month now waiting for anwers why i'm still in so much pain.

not so much fun
                  A Horse, A Horse my kingdom for a Horse. (well maybe just a rust free festy will do)

94 Aspire (waiting for a face lift thanks to a deer)
                  88 festiva (16 year olds ride)
                  93 festiva (my ride)
                  94 jeep yj (waiting for heart transplant)
                  94 cadillac sedan deville (the wife's ride)

Comment

i build seats for the ford escape/mazda tribute/mercury mariner . all pretty much the same vehicle . i work for a division of the Magna corporation in Excelsior Springs, Missouri , and yeah it kinda sucks but atleast its not a honda factory

Comment

hoggius.....would like to see pics of the car....looks interesting in your avatar
                      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      There ain't no rest for the wicked
                      until we close our eyes for good.
                      I will sleep when I die!
                      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Retired Mechanic,Retired Truck Driver owner operator,now I junk cars just to keep a few dollars in my pocket.
                        Worked for myself most of my life.
                        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                        99 Dodge Caravan SE
                        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Work for the largest NAPA in the midwest (6th largest in the US) and still growing. I am currently a counterman but have delivered, and worked the machine shop as well. Before that was ASE mechanic and fork truck driver

Comment

V.P. Specialty chemical firm.

I try to keep the business running. Handle Osha-DHEC stuff, Taxes, compliance, computers, commo, safety data sheets, logistics, customer complaints, etc. Give the media folk two hour chem lessons when there's a spill and they want to blow it out of proportion, give testimony when someone wants to sue (Always someone trying to sue for something stupid he did with hydrochlorous acid, ammonia, or something, like the chemical manufacturer is to blame and not the idiot that misused it without reading the warning labels).

Most of the time it's a PITA, but it pays pretty well for the area. Keeps the lights on.

I'm also deep into entheobotanicals, herbology, bio-informatics, embedded computing, telecommunications (embedded pbx systems, Asterisk VOIP), media centers, sustainable living (I have a three year old forest garden), open source medicine, news and politics.
                            Last edited by gotrootdude; 07-31-2008, 09:35 PM.

Comment

IBEW #196 Telephone Lineman. hopefully to be in the apprenticeship program for Journeyman Lineman in a few months.
                              '89L 5spd swap complete! (rusty red)
                              '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4/4.0 auto (musty maroon)
                              '05 Buell XB9SX Lightning (hero blue)

Comment

I know its old but here goes,

I work for Ofiice Max, In a Corporate Call Center

Comment

Working...
                                X