No announcement yet.

break-in!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez, now I'm curious. Do all the early ones do that? Is it something they corrected on the later ones? Or is it a new Festiva gremlin I didn't even know I had?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I think its only on certain years. My passenger door is from a 89 and you have to hold the handle up but the 93 drivers door doesn't. You have to hold the handle up on my 323's too. I think its just a 80's car thing.
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by aglatfe1 View Post
        perfect duplicates!! that's crazy...it's always them!! lol
        Even the cats!
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

lock the door, lift the outside handle and close the door, the door will stay locked.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

thanks for the advice!! hopefully no1 will get in now!
            Amazing Amanda

Comment

Man, and I could have had a nice clean silver stiva. Bet my key even fits.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

thanks for the advice!! hopefully no1 will get in now!
                Especially those (expletive deleted) Mexicans! Or worse yet, French people*!

*Not French Canadians tho.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Lets not forget the terrible Swiss!!!...
                  Because....45 MPG.

Comment

do u have a retarded looking key too??
                    Amazing Amanda

Comment

None of the Festivas I've had has done this.
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Mine dont.
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

With my Festiva, when you close the driver's door, the plastic lock pull tab pops up, and the door unlocks, unless you push it closed lightly until it's latched but not fully closed, and then if you just push it the last half inch it will stay locked, but the tab will still pop up.

Edit: I just went outside and held the handle up while closing it, both doors stayed locked. I would have probably never found out if it wasn't for this thread. (Mine's an '89)
                          Last edited by Schildir; 08-03-2009, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blindcornbread View Post
                            You need to apoligize to the hispanics for false acusery.
                            trust me, these two men are horrible people...it would not surprise me if they did put a bomb in my car! i'm sorry to other hispanics i may have offended.
                            Originally posted by blindcornbread View Post
                            They won't let you post things that might offend anyone--I've tried.
                            up to this point there was no problem...she was just making a statement about people she has had problems with....no apology necessary.

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            Mine stay down when I close the door; I don't have to hold the latch out. Except maybe the pass. door on the white car, I'll check.

But I'm pretty sure in your case it's the Mexicans. One day I came home and every last piece of my furniture was stolen...and replaced with perfect duplicates!!! I blame the local Mexicans.
                            i don't know if i can...i could barely stay up all night last night! it's hard being a surveillance officer for a festiva that u think is locked even when it's not! crafty hispanics!
                            Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            Especially those (expletive deleted) Mexicans! Or worse yet, French people*!

*Not French Canadians tho.
                            Originally posted by festyxfi View Post
                            Lets not forget the terrible Swiss!!!...
                            the rest of the above should not continue....thank you.
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I have the opposite problem, my door stays locked and the lock is so hard to turn it bends my key.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

mine dont... im kind of glad, that would drive me crazy...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X