No announcement yet.

break-in!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish my car wouldn't do it...im so sick of locking my door and holding the handle...it's annoying and i forget a lot of the time to hold the handle up so i have to lock it with my key. whenever it was cold my key wouldn't go in so i forced it really hard and now my key is crooked!
    ohhh and i actually had to go to court this morning...it's going pretty good...hispanics are going to jail june 4th! yay!
    Amazing Amanda

Comment

My mom's '89 323 used to do this also back in the day... I don't know what the engineers were thinking! I can imagine themselves brainstorming: "We could add this feature, so that if they realize they left the keys inside in the half of a second it takes to shut the door, they just have to let go of the handle and VOILA! They can still get in and take the keys!" Funny story, my first car was a 323 GT and my mom had a 323 hatchback. And I can tell you this feature is worthless... Being a Mazda household at the time, we all became used to hold the handle to close the doors, so we locked the keys in the car as often as a car without this. One time though, my 323 was at the shop, but I had my mom's 323, and accidentally locked the keys in. I still had my 323's key on my keychain so I figured: what the heck, it's worth a try... Tried it on all the locks, and finally, I was able to unlock the hatch from my mom's car with my GT's key! Once I got in to unlock the doors, I was so stumped that I decided to try it a second time, and it would never open again! One-shot deal haha!!!

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
      I have the opposite problem, my door stays locked and the lock is so hard to turn it bends my key.
      Be smart and don't do as I did: a few weeks ago I had the same problem, made worse with the cold. Got in from the passenger's side, tried pulling on the knob, but didn't have enough grip for my fingers. Rolled the window down, but since I didn't have vise grips, I figured the next best thing was my teeth...It began to pull up, but then snap!!! The knob pops out the door with the rod still attached, and still between my teeth haha!!! And then, as Cartman would have said, I told myself "screw you guys, I'm going home!" Went to roll up the window, which was kind of hard to do, only to snap the window crank...Oh, and did I mention this was during a blizzard? To get to the point, I thought it was the lock causing this problem, but turned out it was the rubber window track that came loose inside the door and got tangled in the latch, and by pulling the knob it bent one of the latch's lever and snapped the rod's plastic snap-clip. So my advice is: don't wait to break something; take a look inside your door and clean/lube up/correct what you can before it's too late!!!
      The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
        Sounds like locksmith time. Read on here there is a number on the passenger side lock for the key code. The LS can make a key from that code. Are the locks bad or just need key?
        lock seems good i can lock the door with the key just fine, just no un locking

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket_Rocket View Post
          To get to the point, I thought it was the lock causing this problem, but turned out it was the rubber window track that came loose inside the door and got tangled in the latch
          im going to investigate this further.

Comment

i have a stock '89 L, original owner is my father in law so its always been in the family. I have never had to hold my handle up. doors were never changed. strait off builders line in 1989.

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
              :evil4::evil4: They all do that. Never have to worry about locking the keys in the car. Unless you try really hard to.
              my 88 does. my 91 and 92 dont, they lock regardless if the door handle is held or not,

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
              1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
              R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
              00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
              03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
              pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
              Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
              Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

this sounds like a hit and miss situation. so, everybody that is not having problems celebrate with a shot! everybody that is having this problem should just go to the JY and either get power windows or doors off a 1993.

Comment

the 88 festy i think it was a ford deal, older ford cars had that feature to make it difficult to lock your keys in. all fords ive owned have this but a festy isint really a ford lol ive never owned anything newer than a 1978 ford other than my festy. personally i love the feature!

00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes

sponsered by,

Comment

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
                    all fords ive owned have this but a festy isint really a ford
                    what do you mean a festy isn't a ford? my nadges and manual say 1989 Ford Festiva L. im not trying to be rude, i just don't understand.

Comment

my Festiva is the only Ford vehicle I've ever DRIVEN (and certainly the only one I've actually owned) that I could actually lock myself in.... I always lock my doors and hatch and never have this problem... usually you can lock the doors from the inside to the outside but pull the inside handle and voi-la the door unlocks from the inside, but not any Festiva I've ever driven....
                      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                      89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                      Projects in the works:
                      84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Originally posted by 89newb View Post
                        what do you mean a festy isn't a ford? my nadges and manual say 1989 Ford Festiva L. im not trying to be rude, i just don't understand.
                        The only thing ford on the car is the badges lol its a mazda made by kia for ford.

sponsered by,

Comment

actually, it's a KIA with a Mazda engine used by Ford to maintain CAFE standards, lol.
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

its a hermaphrodite car none the less lol but i still love it!

sponsered by,

Comment

This is scary. I might as well remove the lock buttons entirely along with the lock button rods and only use my remote.

I need to buy some tools. When you get this good, all you need to do is go to the Youtube video on how to unlock the the steering column and disable the GPS in 30 seconds.

Then again, maybe I all I need is a little grease and a visit to the dollar store.
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 06-20-2013, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I recorded this not long ago when I locked my keys in the car! Coat Hanger Thread

Last edited by Prafeston; 06-20-2013, 05:15 PM.
                                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                                Random Festiva Parts
                                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                                X