No announcement yet.

break-in!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Dirt. I thought Swiss was so far fetched sarcasm I was safe...won't cont. from me.
    Because....45 MPG.

Comment

it is...but who knows....better safe then sorry...thank you
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

My 89 locks pop up, but all my 92's didn't do this. Maybe it was a feature they removed because people didn't like holding the handle to lock the door. That or they realized they actually gave us one feature in the USA and thought...well that can't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          up to this point there was no problem...she was just making a statement about people she has had problems with....no apology necessary.

the rest of the above should not continue....thank you.
          Let's not worry so much about being PC. I think any reasonable person would see that these remarks were not serious. But yeah, I'd agree the joke has run its course; it's just the "should not" I would take issue with.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Checked all three of mine (see sig for years); all of the lock buttons stay down if you just close the door.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
              I have the opposite problem, my door stays locked and the lock is so hard to turn it bends my key.
              i am facing this very same issue, drivers side. previous owner removed the lock tab that runs to top of door (got another one now) and i want to put this back in but they took it out because the door has locking issues, it will lock itself some times but you cant unlock it. i want to know if there is something i can do to fix this i have hit it with bolt buster just in case but i would like to fix this whole issue, the self locking not being able to unlock etc. any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
                i am facing this very same issue, drivers side. previous owner removed the lock tab that runs to top of door (got another one now) and i want to put this back in but they took it out because the door has locking issues, it will lock itself some times but you cant unlock it. i want to know if there is something i can do to fix this i have hit it with bolt buster just in case but i would like to fix this whole issue, the self locking not being able to unlock etc. any ideas?
                this happens to me for my hatch sometimes i have to crawl inside to unlatch it it pisses me off because i was/am going to put 6x9's back there but im hesatant because of the lock. i dont want to get locked out of my own trunk
                Last edited by bobbyspider; 03-04-2010, 07:45 AM.
                -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs

I love when you guys awaken a thread from 6+ months ago... lol
                  Last edited by big_ty2003; 03-04-2010, 07:49 AM.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

^^ LOL

I'm kinda glad they did! My car does this same thing about 50% of the time.

It was really starting to mess with my head! I'm all like "I know I locked it!" and I know the trick about holding up on the handle because one of my ex's has a Protege that you had to do that to. I was getting really paranoid. I'd lock the door, double check that it was locked and the lock tab in the door was down.....walk away a few feet and then spin around real fast and look to make sure it was STILL locked! (ok, maybe the last part is a little exaggerated). :mrgreen:
                    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs

I love when you guys awaken a thread from 6+ months ago... lol
                      im just following the crowd hahaha
                      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

None of my Festivas do it. They lock normally and stay locked after closing the door.

As for the human subgroups, I've made fun of born again Egyptians before and no one said anything.

Maybe I'll make fun of 50 year old security guards!

I won't be one for a few more days yet.

What can I say? I'm a rebel! You know--pushing the envelop, stickin' it to The Man (I can make fun of The Man, can't I?).

Brushin' the Bunny the Wrong Way...

Karl
                        Last edited by Safety Guy; 03-04-2010, 09:47 AM.
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                          lol.... my frinds mr2 does the same thing.... you have to lock it and shut the door while holding up the door handel to lock it... its kind of stupid but it saves you locking your keys in by mistake...
                          Au contraire! I left my keys in the ignition, and locked my car, and lifted the handle, and went to work, only to realize (the car was off) that I locked my keys in the car. Took my wife an hour to come out and go back home to give me a key. Oops.
                          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

i did it for a good reason, i need some assistance. please any one

Comment

A lot of cars did the lock pop up thing in the 80's. Something that was tried out, and not very approvingly by owners. I have had several different cars do this. Have to hold the handle up for it to lock, unless you remove the rod that pops the button up. This same feature also causes another problem too.
                              The rod to the handle and the rod to the key lock are close together and can get caught together, making it almost impossible to unlock the door with a key, once they get caught. I have to sometimes beat on my door to get them untangled, so it will unlock. I solved this by not shutting my door as normal, and pushing it closed. The impact from shutting normally seems to make them tangle. Removal of the rod that pushes the button will stop all that.
                              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

so nothing can be done to fix one that doesnt unlock?

Comment

Working...
                                X