No announcement yet.

With deepest regret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better yet, we should take a moment of silence for Barb, and will her continued strength. I cannot imagine that she'll ever forget that day, and I know that if it were as simple as a combined effort of members to return ours back to us that this server would crash. I say, we keep Dean's spirit alive by being as kind and as helpful as we can be, and keep the Legacy Madness strong!
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• I wish I'd gotten to know Dean better.

To Remembrance!

And to the Madness Dean started!

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• Dean will always be missed, I too wish I would have known him better but I'm glad I can say I got to meet him in person

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Dean was an amazing guy, I wish I could have hung out with him and Barb and the Raleigh crew every weekend if they hadn't been so far away I would have! He will be missed but lives on in the spirit of all the little cars he saved and all the folks he converted to the Madness. I love getting to watch Jay resurrect some of the old cars, I remember back when Dean first showed them to me back when he had them. Jay, I wish I was closer to be able to lend a hand buddy!
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Hey everybody! Yesterday was a rough day for all of us. Not just me but his daughters too. I don't think I could have made it through the last two years without the love and support from all my family and friends and just because you haven't made it to Madness yet doesn't mean we aren't friends.
            It makes me happy to know how many people he touched in his life and to know that they remember him. Love you all. Barb
            Last edited by Smedley; 03-14-2012, 07:52 PM. Reason: test pic link
            1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
            1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
            Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
            website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

• I believe that his spirit is very well alive. Everytime I get stumped or have issues it seems like I get an epiphany or some guidance from Dean in thought. I can only try too keep up with what he started. He was a great PR person and loved people.

May he get all the Festiva's I can't save for his new collection.
              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
              82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• I too can't believe it has been two years. Dean was amazing. Ready to jump and run to help someone with a Festiva. I know he saved my butt once with a transmission. I was walking a fine line making ends meet, and if I had missed more than a day or two of work, I might have faced eviction...or worse.

He also had so much FUN helping people with the cars! Who else grabs a video camera and makes a news story of helping change the master cylinder in little blue car????

Or who else would have so much fun dogging an aspire around in the mud?

No one.

My heart and my condolences go out to you and your family, Barb. Matter of fact, I am sure I speak for all of us. We all love you very much!
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• i wish i had known him!
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                    X