X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd drive semi truck. Big and Bad a#*
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
      I was driving a 1983 Dodge Colt when I first bought a Festiva...driving-wise, they are quite similar. Loved the car, but it used a lot of oil....my fault, of course. We bought our first Festy and liked it so much, we bought another one.
      Did you have one of the twin-stick ones? Those first generation ones epitomize hot hatch!

1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I would go with the chevette, fox body stang, golf,vw bug

Comment

Well, if I could have an older car in really good shape...

Original Fiesta.

Original Rabbit GTI.

V-6 Chevette, classic 1976 model (round headlights).

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Did you have one of the twin-stick ones? Those first generation ones epitomize hot hatch!
            I did have a twin-stick model and it was a fun car to drive, but the turbo Colt would have been even better. I drove a 1984 model turbo Colt and was shocked at how quick it was. Too bad I couldn't afford it!
            1989 Red L- The Baron
            www.letstalkbeatles.com
            Link to Baron Pics:
            http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
            1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

guys you have all named all my choice cars. Rabbit or golf GTI, Turbo sprint, CRX, and my add focus ZX3 (they just remind me of a futuristic festiva)
              It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

Hmm thats a tough question. A Toyota Tacoma for winter and towing. has to be 4x4. I would like to test drive a mazda 2 and a fiesta. I dont like the fit all that much. and a honda cbr 600rr for when i want to have fun.

I chose three vehicles because it would take that many to replace my Festiva lol!
                Tim S

Comment

For chevette I would want the vauxhall chevette...

Comment

Additional Car Choice Information

Originally posted by boydg1 View Post
                    What Car Would YOU Pick?

….. If there were no Festivas and Aspires in the world today, what car would you pick that would have all the same basic qualities: Affordable, easy to work on, rugged and tough, good gas mileage, reasonably priced parts, etc. What would be the next best choice?? :?:

Thanks
                    …. Perhaps I should have mentioned in addition to the other “basic qualities” a very important aspect. That is, along with affordability with most of the cars of today, you CANNOT repack the wheel bearings. They MUST be PRESSED OFF (DESTROYED) and REPLACED at considerable cost, in a number of cases up to $50.00 apiece X 4 just for the front bearings - NOT to mention the rear wheels which can be a little cheaper and usually only requires 2, one for each wheel. Unlike the Festiva and the Aspire you take the spindle nut off and you have the bearing in your hand. And if you repack them regularly you don't have to replace them, less than a couple dollars worth of grease does the job, pretty reasonable I think. You might have to replace the seal but that's a whole lot cheaper than replacing the bearing every time. The manufacturers, the third party bearing people, and the dealers all make out because, as I've said, today’s bearings are pressed on so you can't easily take them apart and in some rare cases you can't get them apart. And guess what, you're just the consumer, the guy who pays the bill for the product and they love it.
                    …. NOTE: I've included pics of my spindle nut and spindle together that I drilled out and installed cotter pins into all of the wheels so I would NOT have to replace the spindle nut after straightening out and bending the flange so many times before the metal fatigues and brakes off .
                    …. So you might want to consider this additional information in making your choice of car!!
                    Thanks
                    A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

91 g60 VW Corrado
                      91' Festiva GL <AKA> "Little Boy Blue"
                      --------------------------------------------------

Comment

Mazda 323 fits the criteria. They're cheap, reliable, get good gas mileage, easy to work on, and they are very similar to the Festiva. And they came in hatchbacks, sedans and wagons.
                        '90 LX

Comment

or a chevy sprint
                          91' Festiva GL <AKA> "Little Boy Blue"
                          --------------------------------------------------

Comment

Rolls Royce Silver Cloud [joke]

Porsche 944 (cheap enough, and with proper maintenance nothing too bad)...plus I love flip up headlights!

#1: Pontiac Fiero, fiberglass body so no rust. Easily taken care of mechanicals!

#0 My Taurus, I love that car! Parts are cheap and (except for the blend door) in numerous supply! Although, it is a bit of a piggie with gasoline.

Ok, well now you've gotten ------g silly. ~ MONSOON

Comment

Fiat 500
                              Make mine an Abarth version please.
                              "A cuddly pet mouse that can be used for killing burglars"

Tom Ford drives the cool new Fiat 500. Can it take the place of the Mini as the retro car of choice?

Recensione da parte di Top gear , della stupenda fiat 500 Abarth (versione esse-esse).

and yes, it is coming to the US, YEA!!!
                              ~Jeff
                              1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                              1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                              2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

My other choses were:
                                Focus ZX3 (the first generation)
                                -or-
                                Mini
                                -or-
                                Peel P50 (haha)
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

A look at the Peel P50 and Peel Trident microcars built in Peel, Isle of Man in the mid. 1960sWith kind permission of Carsten Walter.Find more info on Peel c...
                                Last edited by 5.0zone; 10-07-2010, 09:32 PM.
                                ~Jeff
                                1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                                1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                                2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Working...
                                X