What Car Would YOU Pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
    I hate to say I'm in love... if something was to happen to Festiva this will be it's replacement. Even though it's only under Hyundai they could almost call it a Kia Pride.

That's hot
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
      1988 subaru justy turbo
      Never happened from the factory.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

id have to go with

86 corolla fx16 gts
        merkur xr4ti
        saab 900 turbo
        doge omni glh
        shelby lancer or lancer shelby
        tercel with 4agze swap

owned some of these and let them slip rite through my fingers
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I'm assuming that under the OPs nightmare scenario, Aspires also no longer exist?

If Aspires are allowed, I'd probably snag a 2 door, 5 speed. Otherwise, I'd think seriously (which I did once) about a Focus zx3, possibly a newer, but not the brand new ones, Hyundai Accent. Or, and someone please shoot me now, a Daihatsu Rocky. Test drove one of those a few years ago. Surprisingly solid and peppy for a vehicle with over 180K miles. And their 4 by 4 system is actually very good.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Y'all will think this is silly but I had an 87 Tercel sedan that I miss a great deal. They're hard to find now. Mine had auto w/OD, PS, A/C, nice little plush (for a cheap car) interior, and the engine ran like a top with 24X,XXX miles on it. It smoked a little, but I was told that was the valve seals (or guides?) and was common on those cars. The fix was cheap. Despite the "luxuries" that thing still sipped gas like nothing I'd ever seen.

I finally sold it due to being STUPID, thinking my 80 Trans Am (with a built 455) was better.

Anyway yea so having had such a good experience with it, if I weren't looking for a Festy (now I'm talking like y'all lol) hatchback I'd go for that Tercel sedan but this time with a 5 speed. :-)

Comment

give me any small car and im happy.
              05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Originally posted by fattie View Post
                give me any small car and im happy.
                That's crazy talk. Yugos lasted 75,000 miles if you were lucky. That would make you happy??!!

Comment

A bit on the opposite end of the spectrum size wise but......

Oldsmobile diesel powered mid '80's Caprice.

Able to pull 30+ highway MPG, parts are readily available, fairly easy to work on, and can run on waste vege or motor oil.

Already have 2 of them. 1 was a daily driver before I got the Festiva.

Comment

I would definitely get a gremlin like on wayne's world! haha paint it like it and have the licorice dispenser on the ceiling

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
                      I would definitely get a gremlin like on wayne's world! haha paint it like it and have the licorice dispenser on the ceiling
                      That was a Pacer! But Gremlins are just as cool! I think a Pacer wagon would be awesome.
                      Last edited by wybnrml; 01-18-2011, 10:47 AM.
                      '90 LX

Comment

Ah man you're right! haha my bad

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                          That's hot
                          Reminds me of these little beauties from Daewoo.

Comment

im tellin ya these cars are sweet but they get no love because they are overshadowed by the ae86 corolla. They share the same motor and they are quick!

or this!

or even this!

those are just my picks on the car coveting
                            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                              Never happened from the factory.
                              Well i cant imagine how doggish a 1.1 all wheel drive cvt non turbo would be...you would have to turbo it.
                              Ford Fester

Comment

Tercel, paseo, older celicas are all small swap candidates and still net good numbers.

Old 1960's rambler wagon. The larger displacement jeep straight 6's are direct swaps and even tho the cars are hard to find they are still affordable.

A dohc 4 cyl saturn would NEVER be my only car but I kick myself for the times i turned down a good deal on one. They run forever and are a darling on the gas mileage boards as much as geo's.
                                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X