Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pu241, you are incorrect! That is not the location of Area Festy-1. Htchbck, Ms. Scarlet is still at home, and still bleeding. Blue Lightning is waiting, quietly. 'Twas I who was there! Now the tables have turned! That being said, will you help me with all these tables?
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
      You drove up to Raleigh, NC?

That is Madness Central and soon NCstiva central
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Started my B6T manifold Project For (project doomsday)
        Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
        Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
        AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
          Pu241, you are incorrect! That is not the location of Area Festy-1. Htchbck, Ms. Scarlet is still at home, and still bleeding. Blue Lightning is waiting, quietly. 'Twas I who was there! Now the tables have turned! That being said, will you help me with all these tables?
          Oh, and what have you done to blue lightning, eh? Surely not as much as I, sir!
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• coil and ICM

I put in a new Ignition Control Module recently after it died at a stoplight.....real convenient. Put a coil in first and after that didn't do it I picked up an ICM and bam! Fired right up and Stiv is back in action.

Next will be all four struts and coils....LCA's, rotors, front brakes, wheels and tires.
            Peace.
            92 GL, 98k
            77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Cut holes in the back for the 6.5 speakers, Removed the eyebrows for modification. Removed the third brake light for modification.
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• what mods r u doing to the eyebrows jerry!
                Last edited by kumalaba; 01-20-2012, 03:41 AM.
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                  Surely not that Scarlet chick... cause that would mean... blue lightning is out of the garage?
                  Negative! Lightning has the interior out except for the seats and dash, Headlights out, Eyebrows off, I got the dent in the right quarter panel mostly out. I'm planning to have it back together for Spring Festiva L.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• I threatened to push it into a lake if it got lippy with me again.
                    1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                    1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                    2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

• Yesterday it was an ambulance in 8 inches of snow and ice on unplowed roads for one of the dogs that managed to injure himself pretty well, it was slidy fun, but my pass. seat cover has blood on it now...
                      Owner of:
                      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                      In progress:
                      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                        Wow, that means you paid(?) to have the head gasket changed unnecessarily after people told you to check compression first? Ugh. Sorry dude.
                        I did it myself, for less than $30. It wasn't unnecessary, as now it runs better and burns less oil than before. It also isn't leaking externally anymore.

Originally posted by Darlo View Post
                        How well/bad are you driving? Do you think your e-brake is slightly on?
                        e-brake is long gone.... both cable ends snapped months ago. Driving I know has a part in it, it has been very cold, tons of idling, and lots of wheelspin.

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                        Aren't you glad you didn't bother to check compression and see if your car actually needed a head gasket

Oh... wait, maybe that wasn't such a good idea to automatically assume it was the HG's fault... maybe that $30 on a comp tester would have been well spent after all?
                        Read above. It definitely needed it regardless of a compression test result.
                        Buck.
                        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Got the motor out of my Aspire today..psh who needs a cherrypicker.. and ofc my helper dude had to be there..

2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                            I did it myself, for less than $30. It wasn't unnecessary, as now it runs better and burns less oil than before. It also isn't leaking externally anymore.

Read above. It definitely needed it regardless of a compression test result.
                            I think the jist of what they're implying is that if it needs a valve job/valves/re-ring etc the head comes right back off again.
                            1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                            1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                            2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

• You know you can easily fix that e-brake for under $10, with a couple lengths of aircraft cable and a few crimps........

Comment

• Originally posted by Darlo View Post
                                You know you can easily fix that e-brake for under $10, with a couple lengths of aircraft cable and a few crimps........
                                Yeah I've been meaning to try to rig something up, but meh. Now that it's actually cold and I'd like to leave my car running places, I might get off my rump and do it LOL
                                Buck.
                                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X