Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
    looks good & your prices just went up! after mine of course
    HaHa lol thats what I was thinking when I read that lol, I should charge Danny $200 labor just for the front knuckles :lol: Nah, I like helping out fellow festivians, I'm not in it for the money just for a little compensation for the time I spend not working on one of mine I finally bought a new freeze plug for the back of Festevil yesterday. 35mm Dorman, cost me $0.99 lol.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Last night once it got really cold and I was still running pizzas my throttle cable started sticking a little if I got up to about 3/4 throttle. It never got completely stuck, but it was revving insanely high during shifts since it wasn't releasing as soon as I got of the pedal. Its because when I modded the B3 bracket to use on the B6 I did it quickly/sloppily with an angle grinder and a pair of channel locks lol. Ended up with an odd angle. I had completely forgotten that it needed to be done during the swap, so after I had everything in and running I was in a hurry to get home lol. So today at work I cut me a nice chunk out of an old backhoe seat bracket that was laying around and drilled a couple holes in it. I haven't installed it yet but I think I got all of the measurements close enough to work with. Didn't have any black paint here at work so I painted it silver. I will probably repaint it again at the house, but at least the silver matches pretty well with the valve cover for now. Its heavy duty, over 1/8" thick so it should hold up no problem, especially since I don't really beat on the car much anyway.

Last edited by htchbck; 01-03-2012, 08:42 AM.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Thanks Paul N Walth i knew i had saw a thread on it but i wasnt finding one with a pic ( i'm a visual kinda person when it comes to parts ) but 30 . 40 . 30 will do 2 pinks and a green mucho thanks
          Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

• Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Scroll down in that link for a pic Matt. The key to finding it was searching fusible as opposed to fuseable.
            Last edited by neanderpaul; 01-03-2012, 11:17 AM.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...fusible&page=2
              Scroll down in that link for a pic Matt. The key to finding it was searching fusible as opposed to fuseable.
              and that is exactly what i was doing ...lol.....i went to napa and got the 30/40/30 's a lil bit ago and the guy at the counter was telling me there are a few festiva's that are not tagged a few minutes away he is gonna stop an ask about them for me on his way home tonight .......and my festy is running once again..TA DA !!!
              Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

• I had seen you spell it that way before that's how I knew what happened.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Drove it to work for the first time in almost 2 months. Having no radio is interesting and you'll find out just how weird you are when you spend 15 minutes talking to yourself. Had to drive to a remote campus for repairs and the funny thing is my boss had to drive it back since it took too long and she had to attend a meeting. She said she hadn't drove a Festiva since had a new one back in the early 90's.
                  91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• I cut my muffler off tonight, i never liked the sound of it, plus the guy who installed it had it hanging down too low and i thought it looked like crap, so since i parted out my Jeep, i had the Flo-pro muffler off it waiting to go on my festiva, it should hopefully get rid of the ricer sound and give it a nice beafy sound buwahaha

Here's the old muffler and you can see the new Flo-pro in the first pic better then the second despite the crappy angle lol

Sorry for the dark pic, i didn't think it was that dark

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• How's the sound?
                      With a V6, you can probably get your Festiva to sound like a midsize truck; maybe even a V8 with some exhaust tuning
                      ~Austin
                      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I didn't fire it up, the exhaust isn't connected up front, I was going to do that next but ran out of welding wire

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• I drove Fajita home (black GL auto I recently bought) from work today, 22 miles, haven't replace the swaybar end bushings yet, but aired the tires up from 12 psi to 45 psi and the front had hardly any shake to it, only got up to about 45mph because of a collapsed HLA.

Pulled the VC and replaced that with a spare. No more ticky!!

Sprayed some orange cleaner under the hood and hosed it off.
                          1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                          1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                          1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                          1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                          2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                          2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                          2005 Accord - wife's DD
                          2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
                            I drove Fajita home (black GL auto I recently bought) from work today, 22 miles, haven't replace the swaybar end bushings yet, but aired the tires up from 12 psi to 45 psi and the front had hardly any shake to it, only got up to about 45mph because of a collapsed HLA.

Pulled the VC and replaced that with a spare. No more ticky!!

Sprayed some orange cleaner under the hood and hosed it off.
                            Sounds like a keeper, Black GL FTW
                            sigpic
                            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Today i tore the dash apart, mounted a new tire, and started to rough out the damage from when my brother hit a bridge. Yesterday i put the mass air flow sensor from my parts car on and took the fender, grill, bumper, and headlights off my parts car to swap to my black one. I still need to swap the cv shaft over and put all the sheetmetal on (and i need to straighten part of the core support)

Then hopefully one of these days i'll get around to swapping my 4 speed with my 5speed

Comment

• Pulled the interior panels out of my 93. Ran the new battery cables, and intake piping.
                                Jerry
                                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                                X