Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my GLX buttoned up enough that i could drive it today. Put about 15 miles on it. Runs good, drives good and i'm happy! Its been a long and frustrating process. So today, i was in a tizzy to try and get the thing going and it bit me in the.....face. I was switching out my aspire shocks from "Towmater" to the GLX. I was not thinking at all and jacked up the rear axle of the GLX, removed the right rear wheel, started to remove the lower shock bolt not thinking that i should have put jack stands under the body. When the bolt came out the axle came up, my head was in the wheel well, WAM the drum smokes my nose and smashed my head into the wheel well. Instant blood, i thought i had broke my nose. I have a couple big tinting mirrors in my garage so i went over to them and looked in the mirror and was like "This is bad". I wiped off the blood to inspect the damage and it looked only visual. After a 5 min bloody nose and a couple cuss words at how smart i am i got back to work and finished the swap. It looks ok now. Word from the not so wise, slow down.
    Ford Fester

Comment

• DUDE! It sounds like you dodged a bullet on that one. That could have been really bad. Did April find out?
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Very lucky indeed sir! A buddy of mine lost 5 teeth and had to get his nose rebuilt after a similar incident with a Lexus rear strut.

Yesterday I put the gas tank back into Barbie Car, then tried to crank her up... darn, forgot that the ignition module is missing. Put the one from Chuck on and it would run off of spray, but still wouldn't run on its own. So I thought maybe injectors were stuck. Fuel pump and pressure already verified to be good. Pulled the injectors and tested one by one with a 9 volt. No clicks on any of them. Pulled a set of B3 injectors and tried them, they all clicked. So I stuck them on the B6 just to see. Fired right up! Sounds super sexy too, even without the exhaust fully hooked up. Got the injectors soaking in the kerosene right now, but just in case, Danny ordered up a spare set from Ebay, plus a couple ignition modules too. All thats left under the hood besides those little items is finishing up the resonator box (had to be modded to clear upper rad hose) hooking up exhaust, and refilling the trans. Will probably get to drive it tomorrow on the B3 injectors, just to see how it does Only thing stopping me from driving it yesterday is one of the back brakes and/or bearings is dragging pretty bad. But there is a new set of brakes and bearings for it sitting in the passenger seat, so no real worries there Paul, it looks like we will be on for a mini meet/festiva relay party to/from Danny's house in the near future
        Last edited by htchbck; 01-21-2012, 09:17 AM.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• i am EXCITED about this & i cant wait to get behind the wheel!
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• The mini meet will be awesome! I'm excited for Danny! Go Joseph go!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• you guys are gay....why do you have to live so far away?
              Ford Fester

Comment

• its better for you that we do:eeeeeek:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
                  you guys are gay....why do you have to live so far away?
                  :lol:
                  Move back east!

Comment

• X2

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• well some the action is here in NC, and all up and down the east coast. So I would say you live to far out. Depending on when it is done there are several meets coming up in April, so we can see it too.
                      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• We are on the hot coast for festiva action Fla to NY we have it all buttoned up!!
                        Life is goooood. 8)

Comment

• ^^yup you could call it Festiva alley haha

Makes me wanna move south to get closer to the Festiva action lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• painted my glx bumpers today
                            Ford Fester

Comment

• Welcome to Towmater jr. He's about 70 percent complete.
                              Ford Fester

Comment

• junior is looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X