Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ useless without pics!
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Pheet! Just for Mike the bumpers & also installed the second half of the Protege console.
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Protege console. Seats out ,I'm installin' seat covers from Jun.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
          Protege console. Seats out ,I'm installin' seat covers from Jun.
          It appears your 5-speed boot is 180* turned around...

Anyways, I woke up to a flat tire. Pulled out a chunk of what appeared to be barb wire out of it then plugged it. Then I rotated all 4. Up to 224,500
          Buck.
          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• ^ Its not. It is in 5th gear in the pic, it does look that way tho. I used the stock Festy boot with the Protege console.
            Last edited by navdoc101; 04-23-2012, 10:02 PM.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Finally got the silver car back together after an "out of province" inspection. There were a couple of minor things; one reverse light was burned out as well as one of the license plate lights. The right side front bearing had to be replaced along with almost everything in the brakes; e-brake cable, pads, rotors, calipers, rear shoes and one rear cylinder. When I had it all done and bled I had to leave it overnight before doing any further work. Backed it out of the garage the next evening and the brake warning light wouldn't go off. It was then that I noticed the brake fluid all over the garage floor. Turns out the master cylinder was shot too! Replaced that and the only thing left to do is replace the "donut" between the downpipe and the cat. I have to get the car re-inspected to confirm that all the required work was done and then it's officially on the road.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Repainted my valve cover cause i had it off for a leaky vc gasket made the engine look a thousand times better this was yesterday i put it on today

Comment

• I removed and used JB as filler on my rear struts to fill that cavity and
                  prevent water pooling and rust forming ...Probably stronger too.
                  Test drove great, Now on to installing the new winch!!
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Got a new hood thanks to Twopass!
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Loosened the timing belt tesioner (installed it incorrectly a while ago) and put in the new O2 sensor. It's an NTK brand and I will report if I notice any improvement in performance and/or fuel consumption. This all on the red Festiva.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Finally got my second power antenna delivered from Germany today. I was so excited, that I ran to the garage and installed it. Very happy to see it go up and down. Best of all, nobody can walk by, pull it out and bend it. I will be selling my other antenna with the broken gear cable as a manually operated antenna.

Comment

• I limped my car home for the last time today, the next time I drive it there will be a freshly rebuilt bottom end awaiting its arrival to the shop. A friend was selling his g/f 95 olds cutlas sedan for $500, has a few issues, but runs and drives fair. Nothing a few trips to Pic-a-part can't take care of. So ill be driving that while I wait on parts and the machine shop.
                          Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                          93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                          91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                          93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                          15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• ^^^W-body FTW! 3100 I assume?
                            Buck.
                            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
                              I limped my car home for the last time today, the next time I drive it there will be a freshly rebuilt bottom end awaiting its arrival to the shop. A friend was selling his g/f 95 olds cutlas sedan for $500, has a few issues, but runs and drives fair. Nothing a few trips to Pic-a-part can't take care of. So ill be driving that while I wait on parts and the machine shop.
                              And then you can flip it for a profit after the Festiva is done. is that the plan?
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• MP3 cable & Assoc. port

Installed my MP3 player(I-Pod) cable & Assoc. port in my console this morning. Cable is long enough to sit the I-pod in my lap.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                                X