Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After some deliberation and rudimentary measuring of the flange that comes on the Aspire Manifold stock (the 3 bolt), and looking at the exhaust inlet of the GT17, I've decided that we're not going to cut the flange off the manifold and try to match the pipe up to the square cutout in it, instead we're just going to weld the header flange right to the existing flange, then cleanup any "overhang" from the OE flange.

It's not exactly optimal for flow, but it'll get the job done easily enough. Once the flange plate comes in this week, I'll be able to set it against an engine and see how things are going to line up as far as exact turbo placement, then grab an oil pan and see if we can weld a threaded plate to the inside of it to accept the oil drain (or figure something else out).

Probably not going to run the FMIC for now, or possibly at all... I also have a DSM side mount that will fit in the opening to the passenger side of the radiator, and considering the small "need" for this turbo (@ ~5psi), I probably won't really need an intercooler anyway. I'm not planning on much more than 80BHP after this is installed on the stock electronics, and I don't plan on tuning it, either. If I really wanted to make a ton more power, I'd be boosting a BP or something. The extra grunt will certainly help out when pulling or going up hills, though, so it'll be a welcome change.

Pics when it's lined up and welded.

Comment

• Bought #6 today and brought her home... 88' Carby!
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Hey Fred good for you, but we need pic's The good, the bad and the ugly.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• The poor flow of a b3 head is worse than a haphazard exhaust system. I'd get a used water is,tiosystem for 100 bucks or less and call it a day
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by shadetree View Post
            Pics or it didn't happin. Keep rolling man you'll get there .

Is that better?
            Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
            93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
            91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
            93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
            15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
            88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post

Is that better?
              I am SO glad I am not the only one who finds seat belts to be a multi purpose tool!

Haven't done a thing recently, too much rain!
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Recieved my manuel seat belt center section from Bert. Cleaned it up and painted it. Will install tomarrow, if no rain.
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                  The poor flow of a b3 head is worse than a haphazard exhaust system. I'd get a used water is,tiosystem for 100 bucks or less and call it a day
                  A used what? Injection system? That's pretty much what I was thinking about doing, water/meth for long pulls, but since I'm not running a rad fan, I also thought about mounting that DSM intercooler to keep the intake temps cool anyway and use part of the open space in front of the car for a purpose.

Comment

• Installed the b6t throttle body today. Serious difference on the top end .

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                    91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                    92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                    95 Grand Prix SE DD
                    Wife's Stuff:
                    89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                    97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                    Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• dynamat alternative

Because the Festiva isn't know for its solidity....namely the doors sound flimsy...at least on mine they do. So I was gonna plunk down some bux for dynamat but I googled it and in my search I came across Peel and Seal from Lowe's for ALOT less. Try 18 bucks for 6" x 25'......and it looks alot like Dynamat. So while my doors are apart......I'll give it a shot.

Check it out, it's in the roofing section at Lowe's.
                      92 GL, 98k
                      77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post
                        Because the Festiva isn't know for its solidity....namely the doors sound flimsy...at least on mine they do. So I was gonna plunk down some bux for dynamat but I googled it and in my search I came across Peel and Seal from Lowe's for ALOT less. Try 18 bucks for 6" x 25'......and it looks alot like Dynamat. So while my doors are apart......I'll give it a shot.

You can also find a product called "Bituthene" at most paint/weatherproofing shops for similar prices in much larger quantities.

It's an asphaltic rubber compound with a paper backing that you peel and stick to whatever. Don't screw up, it doesn't like to come off.

I've used it in place of the original sound deadening material on many vehicles. It's generally somewhat lighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post

Post some pics of your install, I am interested to see how your job works out. I know what you mean about the doors sounding flimsy. Anything to make my car quieter would be worth the effort; seems like I have to have the radio volume full throttle when on the highway. My exhaust is new and no leaks.

Comment

• Got my manuel seat bet center section installed, thanks to Bert. Now I'm legal again. Had to use the pat because of the Protege console & Aspire seats. The old ones would not fit properly & rubbed the seat making it very difficult to adjust the seats forward & back. Works perfect now. I had to cut it into 2 parts to mount in the origenal spots. Painted & cleaned yesterday.
                            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• ^^ Believe it or not even the EFI cars have the bolt holes for the manual belts... its further back so that they sit at an angle towards the front rather than sticking straight. Might be a little more comfy with them in the factory spot for the manuals, but since you already cut it you may not feel like removing and remounting, just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone else considering swapping to the manual beat buckles
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                                Got my manuel seat bet center section installed, thanks to Bert. Now I'm legal again. Had to use the pat because of the Protege console & Aspire seats. The old ones would not fit properly & rubbed the seat making it very difficult to adjust the seats forward & back. Works perfect now. I had to cut it into 2 parts to mount in the origenal spots. Painted & cleaned yesterday.
                                I like those seat covers. Do you have any info on them?
                                ~Austin
                                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
                                X