Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed FMS side skirts. Pics to follow.
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Removed the rear bumper for painting, and since I was taking out the interior plastics to get to the bolts for the bumper, I painted those as well.

All those go back on tomorrow, and will remove and paint the front bumper when I am able to get another can of bumper and trim paint. Then when it is dry enough outside, I am going to mask off and paint the plastic side trim.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Started our BP swap! Can't wait to get it going, dont have the B3 out yet, we're currently still in the prepping process for the BP. Going to replace everything that club protege says to before we put it in there and find out nothing works.

Car #789
        Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
        1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
        1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
        http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• ^ Great job keep up the work, and great pics by the way!
          Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
          Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
          Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
          WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

• Side Skirt Pics:IMG_1278[1].jpgIMG_1277[1].jpg
            Last edited by navdoc101; 01-07-2013, 10:22 AM.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• And
              Attached Files

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• im jelly!!
                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Whenever you wanna get rid of those let me know...they are even the same color!
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Got my speedo working without spending any cash, pretty satisfied.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                      im jelly!!
                      I'm peanut butter, let's jam! Hahaha
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Made some more progress on the blue car.
                        Torque converter bolts in. Starter, alternator, exhaust manifold & downpipe installed.

Now another hurdle. I noticed the pulleys were serpentine ones so I took them off. The pulleys from the old engine don't fit on the Aspire engine crank.
                        Poop.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Put the freshly painted bumper and interior plastics back in, I must say it all turned out really well.

Now I just have to paint the door pullers, handles, and door cards black, then everything plastic on the interior will be painted, except for the dashboard. (No I ain't removing THAT just to paint it.)

Now when I had the rear plastics off, I noticed rust on top of the strut towers, it hasn't rusted though but there is a spot about a quarter inch wide by about inch long, I jabbed at it with a screw driver pretty good, it still sounds and feels solid.

Should I be worried at all? Should I be treating that ASAP with some rust converter?
                          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 01-07-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Treat it!! Then paint it.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Cleaned up and painted the rusted windshield wiper arms, painted the hatch door card, and removed the front bumper cover and painted that as well.

Tomorrow I will be removing the wheels, cleaning those up and painting those black as well.

Might clean up and paint the two beauty rings I have, but not black. I may leave em be and try and clean em up.

Comment

• Ordered: Thermostat, distributor cap, distributor rotor, NGK racing spark plugs, OBX performance header, gasket kit, and water pump kit for the BP05 thats going in. took everything off the BP but left the head on, we are having it re-planed for the gaskets tomorrow and ordering some pieces that are cracked (oil pan has a hole in it) backplate by the water pump. Our B3 thats currently in the festiva is ready to pull with all the parts except for the speedometer cable and axles. Pics will be posted in the photo section.

Car #789
                                Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                                1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                                1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                                http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

Working...
                                X