Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    Picked up these beauties for $70 and an old dead battery I happened to have in the trunk (the place the guy works at recycles batteries so he knocked $10 off the original price for me lol).

'94 Tercel (13x4.5", 4x100, 38mm offset), 155/80R13s with 7/32" of tread on each one and no alignment wear showing at all (though at 7/32" they are barely even broken in).

Bolted on nicely and look good, center bore is either dead on or maybe 1mm bigger, but its a good fit. Gotta decide if I want to paint them or not, but I like the styling for sure, very reminiscent of the factory steelies with their 12 square holes. I'm happy with them though!
    I had/have the same rims, while Dennis powdered my others. The center bore is perfect! I kind of like the square holes too. Kind of quorky. Worked great for $50 with lots of tread left. I'm keeping them for backup. I did flat black and am very pleased with how they look especially with the white lettering on the tires. They look better in person than the picture.
    Last edited by Charlie1717; 05-10-2012, 08:21 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• Pulled the head the rest of the way off Babystiva this morning... and brought it to work after lunch where I'll already got done cleaning and lapping and installing new seals on all the exhaust valves, including one I had to replace (with a used good one off of FestEvil's old motor). About to do the intake ones now, then if I'm really really lucky it'll go back on tonight or tomorrow. Things have done too smoothly so far though, so I'm still expecting a disaster (or at least a setback or two) lol.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• This:

And you needed a 7,000LB truck for what, now?

245/50R16 tires on (2) 16x7 wheels, 205/60R16 tires on (2) 16x7 wheels
        225/60R15 x 4 on GMC Sonoma wheels
        165/80R13 on 13x5 wheels (wheels are stripped off in the pics)
        and a single 245/50R16 tire for a spare not on a wheel. Plus my Craftsman junkyard kit.

And yes, the hatch and both doors were closed fully. And the rear seat is still installed, as well as the (obviously) passenger seat.
        Last edited by Christ; 05-10-2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Because I haul more tires than that, and I don't like them moving around with me. My truck also weighs in at a little over 10,000lbs thank you very much.

Nice packing skills though

Comment

• Originally posted by rockin86ranger View Post
            Because I haul more tires than that, and I don't like them moving around with me. My truck also weighs in at a little over 10,000lbs thank you very much.

Nice packing skills though
            You're in the minority, though. Most of the people driving trucks do it as a lifestyle choice, then try to justify it by saying "I need it to haul stuff" wherein stuff is usually defined as "the leaves that fell in the bed last night off that old oak tree".

I also have a couple of large trucks, myself. I use them for trucks. Things that my Festiva can't or shouldn't have to handle, that's what the trucks are for.

1989 F250 Diesel, soon to be 4 speed manual with a 10FT ICC work body on it.

197x F150 4x4 360 3speed, may end up with a turbo 7.3 Int. in it as well, since I have a spare diesel and have never been much of a fan of gas engines.

Comment

• Also, just finished this up:

I also put in the 2 piece speedo cable I had, which is about an inch longer than the single piece that came out of it. After doing so, and while installing the new one, I realized that I didn't have to, when I put the new one in, it routed itself alongside the steering column support instead of through it like the first one was... I didn't know that had to be done when I installed the tach cluster, else I wouldn't have bothered changing the cable, and just rerouted the stocker through the correct area to mate up to the new cluster.

Almost all cars that had an option for a tach come pre-wired whether it has one or not, and the Festiva is no different in that regard. Plug and play, put 'er right together. Swapped out a non-tach white face for it.

Unfortunately, this cluster shows 116k more miles than my car has, but it doesn't make much difference to me. If it bugs me enough, I'll take it back out, roll the miles back (with a how-to), then reinstall it.

I especially like that it has a trip meter on it, though. Unfortunately again, no 1/10 mile indicator.

So it has it's benefits and drawbacks, but I rather like to keep an eye on engine RPM for various reasons, and that was the main reason for switching it. That, and the gas gauge was always wrong before, since someone had turned the needle down so that F was actually at 3/4 on the gauge.

Eventually, I may swap the gauges out again for a custom plate with aftermarket gauges in it.
              Last edited by Christ; 05-10-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• tough day

I removed the old body side moldings and blocked and primed the two sides of the car.....at the very last panel....my lil compressor burned up.....good thing it wasn't in the middle of painting it....whew! Only hood, hatch and roof left then its fresh bc/cc B1 paint!
                92 GL, 98k
                77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Drove mine as I do everyday. I like my car
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Met forum member 2ghetto today to get another headlight for the lady's car.

It was broken when we got it, replaced with a brand new one that was broken in an accident the day after being installed (!), and then replaced again with this one.
                    -Zack
                    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• I sprayed grass from the mower all over the side of it by mistake

Comment

• ^My dad does that frequently... got the go ahead from the school fr the engine swap, Scoutmaster has a complete running EGT that he's gonna scrap if I don't take it. This does sort of commit me to finishing Eagle Scout... Darn
                        Owner of:
                        1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                        In progress:
                        BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
                          Scoutmaster has a complete running EGT that he's gonna scrap if I don't take it. This does sort of commit me to finishing Eagle Scout... Darn
                          Maybe there's a badge for motor swapping. :p
                          '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

• cleaned and painted my valve cover today. shoulda took a before pic... but oh well,

and the inside with my two kiddos in the background
                            93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Comment

• ohh incase u were wondering my method, 3 gallons of boiling water and 1 gallon of simple green commercial grade degreaser, let soak until cool enough to put hands in and scrubbed off with green scratch pad.
                              93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Comment

• Nice job!
                                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                                X