Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^+1
    Mike Holmgren
    Thief Rvr Fls, MN
    1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
    "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

• Started sanding the rust out of my spare tire tub. Leaking tail light gaskets, for years, let water eat away. I wake up early and need something to do that doesn't make much noise. As it is too hot after 9 am, I can devote a few hours to the task. Another day or two and it will be primed and spray bombed. Thinking about spraying with truck bed protector to top it off.
      I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

• New shift knob!

-93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Did you gain an extra gear with that knob?
          ~Austin
          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Ha! :p ...I am putting a 5 spd in it within a few months
            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
              Did you gain an extra gear with that knob?
              Yes! Lol. Swapped out my LCAs. Got your warranty set, G½". Now to wait for money to hit the bank so I can get some gear oil. Can't wait to drive the old man again!

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
              91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
              92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
              95 Grand Prix SE DD
              Wife's Stuff:
              89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
              97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
              Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Contemplated an interesting project along the lines of the carb-per-cylinder swap... the complexity grows a bit, and it's staying a secret for now, but it's something I'm interested in for a few years now.

The only hint you all get - I'll only be using 2 carbs instead of 4.

Comment

• Picked up gear oil and filled the trans. Notchy in to 5th, which I expected with the 3 piece synchro in the Franken-trans. Very slight diff whine that picks up around 40-50mph. It'll buy me plenty of time to get working again and source an f series. Now I need to tear down the one I pulled and swap input shafts.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                  91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                  92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                  95 Grand Prix SE DD
                  Wife's Stuff:
                  89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                  97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                  Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Drove it about 350 miles total. Went to a family reunion in Chattanooga, on the way there I saw a red EFI festiva with some wide Datsun rims sitting at a fire station, so I stopped by and talked to the guy for only a couple minutes before he got a call and had to leave . After lunch I made my way up toward Knoxville to meet up with Lucas (blueoval) to sell some alloys. Had a good chat even though it was scorching hot outside, then headed back. On the way home saw a couple of girls driving yet another red festiva so I flashed my lights and waved (horn doesn't work) and they honked and waved back. Finally made it home and my box of alternators from Link5186 was here So a pretty good Festiva day!
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• My A/C is working again!
                      Hodginsa - Photography - Cars, people, everything.

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

• My driver's side autobelt stopped working.
                        Luckily I found a factory crank at a junkyard a few weeks ago.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post

The only hint you all get - I'll only be using 2 carbs instead of 4.
                          Dual side drafts?

Comment

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                            Drove it about 350 miles total. Went to a family reunion in Chattanooga, on the way there I saw a red EFI festiva with some wide Datsun rims sitting at a fire station, so I stopped by and talked to the guy for only a couple minutes before he got a call and had to leave . After lunch I made my way up toward Knoxville to meet up with Lucas (blueoval) to sell some alloys. Had a good chat even though it was scorching hot outside, then headed back. On the way home saw a couple of girls driving yet another red festiva so I flashed my lights and waved (horn doesn't work) and they honked and waved back. Finally made it home and my box of alternators from Link5186 was here So a pretty good Festiva day!
                            Like a freaking car commercial!
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by deathrace2000 View Post
                              Dual side drafts?
                              Nah, but yeah. They're CVK 30's that I'm planning on using, but i have to do some more sober research before I get too involved in it and find out exactly what the entire job entails. It involves a modded cam and boost.

Comment

• Drove from Nashville to Bloomington Illinois to Columbus Indiana and back to Nashville. All in all I drove 1,000 miles this weekend in 105 degree temps with no a/c I think I lost 10 pounds sweating. Can't complain though the festy drove great with good mpg (regardless of my excessive speeding).

Now she needs a bath!
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                                The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                                X