Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That should have been PCV. I always do that.
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
      I'd install a flux capacitor but then I'd probably get pulled over for flashy interior lights...
      Or for going 88MPH all the time.
      However, this may help me with my delivery times. Although a time pauser would be best for that
      Tivo capacitor?
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• I picked up my new B6 bottom end from the machine shop yesterday and ordered the ACL race bearing kit and ARP main studs! Man I miss boost
        Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
        93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
        91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
        93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
        15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
        88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• This was yesterday.

This is right now.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• We woke up in it. I slept in the middle.

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Hey I slept in my back seat friday night, doesn't look quite as comfy as that, and it was at a rest stop...
              Hodginsa - Photography - Cars, people, everything.

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

• That is awesome, but looks far from comfortable.
                Buck.
                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• What did you do to your festy today

Replaced rear main seal,oil pan gasket,clutch, Axle seals,motor mounts and oil pump. parts and labor: 1563.64

Comment

• Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
                    What happens when you corner hard? Do they rub then?

My wheels are ICW "Something Or Others", 7 spokes, allegedly 38mm offset, but they are WIDE (for a Festiva anyway), thus necessitating spacers. I've heard that if I install an Aspire rear strut/shock, its spring perch is higher off the tire and the spacer issue will likely be a moot point then.
                    I can't usually get too aggressive with it because I always have my son strapped in the front seat and it's never running quite right...

But when I hit 60, 65, I pretty much don't slow down, so curves with 45mph safety sign aren't making them rub either.

Comment

• Originally posted by windy1 View Post
                      Replaced rear main seal,oil pan gasket,clutch, Axle seals,motor mounts and oil pump. parts and labor: 1563.64
                      Holy crap! That's another festiva, or three!
                      Hopefully it is super reliable now. Post up some pics of your festy.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• E-for-E trans swap. Gotta use what I have. Been missing sitting in that seat pretty bad. Next up: warranty LCAs.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                        91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                        92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                        95 Grand Prix SE DD
                        Wife's Stuff:
                        89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                        97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                        Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• .... How is this setup working out since you install it? Give us some details.

Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                          Installed an oil catch can.

It's an eBay kit I got for about $17. Seems to be made alright and was very easy to install.
                          A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

• The lines have a coating of oil in them and the canister is catching some oil. I unscrewed the cap from the bottom and oil drained out. It hasn't showed up in the sight glass yet.
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Switched out the Mazda emblem in the grille...

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• *like*

Comment

Working...
                                X