Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      Are those Volvo headlight washer nozzles on your front bumper or are they from Mazda?
      Nope, those are orginal Mazda washers. Everything is still in orginal shape.
      Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
      It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Maikel View Post
        Nope, those are orginal Mazda washers. Everything is still in orginal shape.
        Is that something that can easily be added?
        HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
        "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I made the round trip home from Grand Rapids today. Made a visit to a friends house. Rolled over 111,111.1 miles! I meant to take a picture of the odo rolling over but got distracted by traffic
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by Huli View Post
            Is that something that can easily be added?
            I don't know. I presume it has it's own electrical circuit and pump. Only Maikel can answer that.

Comment

• Bought a dashboard bezel off of e-Bay. Called and made arrangements to have a muffler put on next Monday. Surfed e-Bay for more parts.
              88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
              88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
              91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
              93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Installed 6.5" Boss Speakers in the doors, will take some pics tomorrow, by the time I finished it was too dark outside to take any pics.

Those factory 4" speakers had to go, they were absolute garbage.
                Last edited by TorqueEffect; 12-29-2012, 09:39 PM.
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• ^^ waiting to see pics of this. I've seen very few door installed speakers I've liked on Festivas. You are just using the WRONG 4" speakers. I am running higher end Pioneers now, and have had infinitys in the past that sounded AMAZING.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                  1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                  1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                  1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                  1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                  1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                  1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• I'm using JL Audio and they are pretty good. I have them on all 4 corners and they fit in the factory location.
                    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts
                    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• I,ve got Hertz 4" ,& they are great. A little pricey , but you get what you pay for.
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• I have 4 Kickers. I bought them for about $35/pr as a half off sale on Amazon. They sound decent. Very little bass response but they're only 4". Paired with a sub, they sound excellent.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• IMG_20121230_131648.jpgIMG_20121230_131729.jpg

For a $20 pair of speakers, they are not bad, they have real good bass and sound for their price, and ten times better than that stock Audiovox junk.
                          I don't see the point in putting high-dollar audio systems into a car as rusty and beat up as this one, so I kept it cheap.
                          I could have installed some Boss 4" speakers like I did in the back in the dash, but they deliver zero bass at all, so I cut up my door panels (which were not in the best shape anyway.) and drilled some mounting holes in the doors.

I am looking at getting longer screws though so I can install the covers that came with them, the screws they provided are too short to go through the cover, speaker, and my door cards.

Please excuse the mess in the back, need to get in there and clean all that up.

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Looks good. Don't apologize for what you did, man. It's your car!
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Went up to Dennis' house and started disassembling the '88LX. Was hoping to get the gas tank and wiring harness both out today, but barely got the tank out.. Spent about 5 hours on a gas tank lol. The last tank I took off was on my auto, which didn't have any e-brake in the way, so never knew how tough it could be with all the proper stuff in there.

Ah. Time to take a shower and get the stench of gasoline off me. :p

But... progress!!
                              White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                              White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                              1988 LX 5-speed
                              ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Fixed up my ghetto rigged muffler again, this time it should be good for a long while.

Three 2 1/8th" exhaust clamps, a 2 1/8th" flex pipe, and a couple soda cans.
                                Though I do need a piece of rubber to wrap around the axle, so when the clamp bangs into the axle it doesn't make a loud rattle.

Now I also went out and picked up some longer machine screws for my speakers so I can install the covers that came with them.
                                Now I don't have to worry about kneeing the speakers when getting out of the car and breaking them.
                                Pics will come tomorrow, I got too caught up in the exhaust work to take pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X