Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had some fun today in the snow, drifting around turns using the ebrake.

But then later in the day when making my way back home to get ready for work, going around 25 down a back-road and there was a slight bend in the road, thought I was going slow enough for the corner since it was barely a curve at all, (you can see where this is going) car decided to keep going straight right into the guardrail.

I was sure with how hard I hit the guardrail I did allot of damage to the body.
    So I drove the rest of the way home after my brain registered what just happened.
    The only damage was few small spots where the paint was scraped off, car body wasn't in the best shape anyway but I was glad the damage wasn't significant.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 12-27-2012, 12:00 AM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Boy do I have a lot to brief you all on! With the help of DriverOne and BeBandit, I've replaced almost all gaskets in the engine. I personally replaced the alternator belt. We've installed a new overhead light, and installed a temporary cigar lighter until we can get a more permanent fix for it. We also found new seats I hope to get by the end of the week, of which will be reupholstered and later installed. And I'm dead set on an engine swap that I also hope to have purchased soon. Already got my eye on one here on the Forums. Also got a new front sway bar that will be installed soon. Much more to come!

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I too had a little winter driving mishap. Slid the turn into the gas station at 3mph into some flower bed edging bricks.. I moved about 8 total with the domino effect but they were only pushed by the sway bar. Very lucky there wasn't any damage but I'll need to give a closer inspection tomorrow. Drive safe out there kids.
        -Zack
        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
          Had some fun today in the snow, drifting around turns using the ebrake.

But then later in the day when making my way back home to get ready for work, going around 25 down a back-road and there was a slight bend in the road, thought I was going slow enough for the corner since it was barely a curve at all, (you can see where this is going) car decided to keep going straight right into the guardrail.
          Ouch! :cry_smile:

Been there, done that.

Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho, about the winter of 2000. Hurring to an Air National Guard drill weekend trying to get hired by an A-10 unit. Hit some ice and slid into a curb about 3-5 MPH.

Stupid me.

Let's all be careful. Every day parts get just a little harder to find.....
          88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
          88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
          91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
          93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Replaced the trans fluid. It drives soooooo much better now! Apparently, I had about half of what I needed. An improperly lubricated transmission sure drains the power! My last fuel stop yielded 33.1 MPG's! The way it drives now, I'm certain I have regained at least 5 MPG. Now for spark plug check and possible replacement.
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

That makes me think, my dads trans is super loud and could probably use some new fluid. Maybe that's why he only gets around 30mpg.
              -Zack
              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Got me some luggage tags for xmas
                ;
                www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                '92 Festiva L M/T
                '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Looking at getting another......................
                  Buck.
                  -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                  -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                  -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                    Looking at getting another......................
                    Indicates sanity.
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Fired it up and let it warm up. First time since madness.
                      Ford Fester

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                        Looking at getting another......................
                        Whats taking you so long, get with it.
                        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                          Indicates insanity.
                          Fixed

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                          Whats taking you so long, get with it.
                          Slim(no) pickings locally! :/ Money is also tight as always lol. If I got a festy I'd pretty much be getting a paper route as well.
                          Buck.
                          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• I washed it, then clayed and polished it, and two coats of Collinite 476S
                            First its was like this:

After little while:

And finally:
                            Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
                            It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

• Are those Volvo headlight washer nozzles on your front bumper or are they from Mazda?
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 12-29-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Sanded & preped FMS front bumper for painting. Hope its warm & don't rain tomarrow. Weather report says sunny & 72. Hope they know want thier talkin' about!
                                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                                X