Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed the horn from a Crown Vic / Grand Marquis. Tons better than the stock one. Good bye bicycle horn!
    BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

• changed a main wiring harness. Whew those are fun!
      Last edited by kartracer46; 05-18-2011, 06:36 PM.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Swapped the rear struts... again. Installed the two stage tstat! I'm trying to get better mpg by getting into the operating range. Changed the plug wires, distributor, and the coil trying to chase down my stumble. It wasn't the wires or the coil. Didn't get to see if it was the disty yet. Tomorrow is my last day to iron out anything before a 2200 mile trip. getting an alignment at 9:30 am tomorrow.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Full wash and wax, man it needed it.
          Owner of:
          1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
          In progress:
          BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Tore apart my front brakes, got lucky on my LCA bolts, came right out Everything came out all right, except I can't get the dang brake cable to come off... Should and hopefully will have a fully aspire swapped car tomorrow!
            -Josh R

Comment

• Picked up a new-to-me rear axle and dome light. Hope to install them Friday at lunchtime. Will still have to bleed the brakes after that. Maybe install the new timing belt next week from RockAuto (ought to order it tomorrow, huh?)
              1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
              1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
              1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
              1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
              2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
              2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• Filled it up. Up to 39 MPG this tank. Driving the same I have been, but I moved the distributor a bit. Seemed to have found a sweet spot on the timing. More power and better mileage.
                I found a beauty ring at a junkyard today. Only one, though I still bought it, hoping that three more randomly show up in my front yard.
                ~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Performed the Bebandit LED dash light mod in amber. Also replaced the passenger-side drive axle.
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• finally finished custom front bar! Last coat of clear went on 5mins ago. Now, beer!
                    60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

• Well Lucky was officially reborn today, I fired it up and drove around the yard for a bit with the ebrake. Now to get all the interior back in and bleed the brakes.
                      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Nice Elusive!

My air intake got delivered to me while I was out picking up a full Aspire swap for Rustiva. Got more than I need with it too, the struts and springs and LCA's...hmmm...future Capri swap for Raltiva??

Comment

• worked on my extra rear axle for the Aspire swap (gotta keep the car a roller, it's not on my property)
                          Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                          89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                          Projects in the works:
                          84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• i missed mine..... been driving a tundra for 2 days as i went to pick up a motorcycle for my buddy that was 400 miles away. was driving tundra around town, and well, i kinda miss my festiva

Comment

• https://
                              Decal on Justiva

Sent from my FESTIVA using EVO
                              Last edited by jbuck1975; 05-19-2011, 06:03 PM.
                              First time owner
                              89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
                              Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

• I swapped axles today, took about 3 hours in the work parking lot on jackstands and all hand tools.
                                1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                                1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                                1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                                1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                                2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                                2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                                2005 Accord - wife's DD
                                2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                                2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Working...
                                X