Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by link5186 View Post
    How inspiring!

I spent some time trying to figure out why my idle is a bit surge-y.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
    Hey, I could have quoted "foot steps" in the first person...

Comment

• finished making my speaker mount and put the metal pipe thing that the coolant goes threw<had to get a new one>
      Omg a Dingo stole my festiva! Jks i own a 1993 red festy and its a damn Monster!

Comment

• Tinted my rear windows 20% to help with the heat. I didn't expect it to be such a pain to do. Takes forever and they didn't turn out perfect as expected. Anyone have a certain method or tips to help before I do the fronts/hatch?
        BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesmc View Post
          Tinted my rear windows 20% to help with the heat. I didn't expect it to be such a pain to do. Takes forever and they didn't turn out perfect as expected. Anyone have a certain method or tips to help before I do the fronts/hatch?
          park under a tree, roll down the windows, get in the hatch and close it and that's what Nate's told me about when he did it.

patience is your next best strategy
          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Been working on a white 92GL i plan to sell, gonna put a pair of new horns on Lucky tomorrow and get Twizted out and install a new battery and give him a bath.
            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Junkyard Save:
              Installed rebuilt rack, new outer tie rod ends and new moog LCA's.

When you get your rack installed and start turning the steering wheel to check the lineup, don't keep turning the steering wheel if you get resistance.
              I did, and here's what happened.
              Apparently the edge of the inside of the boot got caught in the universal joint and almost ripped it in half. I got it back around and I'm going to try to seal the boot with something as a temporary fix. Getting a replacement boot for the long term. Trouble is, I have to take everything out again.
              But since I've done it once, it will be easier when I do it again in a couple of weeks.

Ole Yeller:
              Installed new sway bar bushings. Steering and rest of suspension was good on Ole Yeller.

Comment

• Started cleaning a cylinder head that I going to rebuild for Taz's 90 (Mabel) and then pulled the motor out of Taz's 89. It has a nice hole in the top of piston #3 :???:
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                  Junkyard Save:
                  Installed rebuilt rack, new outer tie rod ends and new moog LCA's.

When you get your rack installed and start turning the steering wheel to check the lineup, don't keep turning the steering wheel if you get resistance.
                  I did, and here's what happened.
                  Apparently the edge of the inside of the boot got caught in the universal joint and almost ripped it in half. I got it back around and I'm going to try to seal the boot with something as a temporary fix. Getting a replacement boot for the long term. Trouble is, I have to take everything out again.
                  But since I've done it once, it will be easier when I do it again in a couple of weeks.

Ole Yeller:
                  Installed new sway bar bushings. Steering and rest of suspension was good on Ole Yeller.
                  is that the rack boot? I have to replace them on the LX but I have done it before...only took off each tie rod end though.
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                    is that the rack boot? I have to replace them on the LX but I have done it before...only took off each tie rod end though.
                    That's the boot in the fire wall that the steering column shaft comes thru.
                    Left and right rack boots were on the rebuilt rack (Kartracer did it for me and did a terrific job.)
                    Here's a link to all the pictures I took. You can see the boot was in great shape when I installed the rack.
                    Craziest thing I've ever seen. When I turned the steering wheel full left, it must have been caught somehow on the
                    inside and just twisted in almost totally in two.
                    Last edited by 1990new; 06-09-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Ahhh...I see...that could be an issue....would tick me off.
                      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      There ain't no rest for the wicked
                      until we close our eyes for good.
                      I will sleep when I die!
                      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• Arg. That bites man. Sorry to hear it.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Was my own dumb fault...got in too big of a hurry.
                          I'll chock it up to a learning experience.

Comment

• Installed power mirrors, intermittent wipers, cargo cover.
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• B8-ME is in and bolted up. New control arms and axles are in. Gauges are wired in. All seats are out because I'm installing '01 Civic interior. Dash is apart, pulled b3 ecu but misplaced my 1.8 ecu lol. Discovered the seaks on all my injectors were rotted to heck and the plastic tips broke off too. Took trip to JY today and I had to buy ones out of the only protege there for 38 bucks. Discovered ford BP injectors in a tracer are totally different; they are real ford ones. Glad i pulled the rail w/them and carried it with me until i found a 92 protege. My only worry is the car I pulled the injectors from had get this 384,xxx miles on it lol. We shall see how it goes in the weeks to come...
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• ^^ You can o-rings, washers, pintle caps, and filter baskets to rebuild them on Ebay
                                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                                X