Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
    I swapped axles today, took about 3 hours in the work parking lot on jackstands and all hand tools.

Not bad for your first time.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• New rear bearings (again), shoes, drums, cylinders, and hardware. Ahh, the sound of silence.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
      91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
      92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
      95 Grand Prix SE DD
      Wife's Stuff:
      89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
      97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
      Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
        Not bad for your first time.
        Well, my boss, several co-workers and the boss's son came out and for probably 30 minutes I didn't get anything done. Showed them the 24 pack of beer sized engine, ect, plus part of that time was getting the 10mm line wrench.

I swapped front mounts, the control arm bolts are too hard to take out because of the pinch weld seam.
        1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
        1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
        1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
        1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
        2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
        2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
        2005 Accord - wife's DD
        2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
        2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• Did the wheel stud & lugnut upgrade. Used closed end chrome acorn lugnuts. Pics when I paint wheels. Installed 1 (pass. side) vent visor. Used 3M double sided tape. Hope it holds!
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• gave the inside a well deserved clean out, maybe give it a bath this weekend and wax it up???
            Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
            89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
            Projects in the works:
            84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Drove. Noted some problem areas that would need attention before Steve could be transfered to active duty.

Comment

• Fabbed up an alloy radiator shroud in the wee hours of this morning too
                60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

• Nice.

Comment

• Looks saweet! I may have to do one of those soon. I haven't been having real good luck with Festiva cooling fans.
                    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• got my aspire swap done. but I broke the drivers side hardline that connects to the rubber hose. So gotta replace the hard line then bleed the brakes, and I'm done!
                      -Josh R

Comment

• Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                        got my aspire swap done. but I broke the drivers side hardline that connects to the rubber hose. So gotta replace the hard line then bleed the brakes, and I'm done!
                        Did you take pictures?

Comment

• I replaced the front brake pads. Pretty mundane, but the car doesn't squeal like a pig anymore and actually STOPS now! What a concept!
                          1993 Festiva L - "Thor"

More cheers more beers, that's it that's all.

Comment

• Rolled 210,000 miles, wewt!!!
                            Buck.
                            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Thanks kartracer46 and christ! Ive been working on my mazda 121 for some time now, bit by bit, here and there but don't think it quite deserves its own thread just yet.
                              Being one of the newbies here I gotta say im imressed with a lot of the work I've seen done to other members rides, and how much everyone loves their festys!

Anyway, today I went shopping for some new material to re-upholster my sparcos, (with big ups to my mum for the sewing!) and bought some plastic sheeting for my budget, disposable paint both
                              60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

• Finally took a pic of the fresh new Aspire motor I installed a week ago LOL :mrgreen:

If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                                X