Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 91mcnasty View Post
    ^please explain lol
    Had done a steering intensive maneuver up the driveway, got to beside the house where I park and couldn't get the wheel straightened up quick enough. Lol!

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
    Pulled the head today to replace valve seals. OMG was it dirty. Probably a 16th inch of carbon on pistons and valve area. Got it all cleaned up and am putting seals on tomorrow and head back on Fri morning (borrowing tool from a guy that won't let it leave his house so I have to make trips).
    Are you decking the head or block or any other preparations before you put the head back on? Just curious.

As for me, oil pan gasket attempt #1. Better than it was, but still leaking.
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Finally swapped out my fusible links for cartridge fuses

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
      91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
      92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
      95 Grand Prix SE DD
      Wife's Stuff:
      89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
      97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
      Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Yes getting a valve job and decking if needed. All of this only because there was no way I could consciously put it back together after seeing how bad it was. I was just going to do valve seals then reinstall. But..........
        -Bryant

Comment

• ^^ Yup, the exhaust valves take a beating in these things and tend to carbon up and pit pretty bad. Usually if I pull a head off a car, 9 times out of 10, I go ahead and do a valve job just because of the condition of the exhaust valves and guides.
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Sunroof install
            Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

• ! pics !
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

• :lol:
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• tore it down to the waterpump and started replacing it..... tomorrow
                    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                    Projects in the works:
                    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

• Originally posted by ENEMY_ View Post

Huh, I have a silver one that looks just like it less the clear corners and the BP swap.
                        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                        82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• New everything

Just joined FordFestiva a few days ago. I saw this Festive(see avatar) on the back lot of a car dealer two blocks from my house and just had to make it my summer project. The guy said he would sell it to me for $200 that is all he could get for it from a scrap guy. Because I'm a teacher I have the time but not much money. Title should be in Monday. So to answer the question. This week(not today really) I rescued a Festiva from the brink of death!
                          92 Festiva (since 6/23/2011!)http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/im..._surprised.gif
                          79 AMC Concord http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/im.../icon_cool.gif
                          03 Taurus (kids drive)
                          09 Escape Hybrid (wife's--mostly)
                          07 Yamaha Majesty (my toy)http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/im.../icon_wink.gif
                          08 Yamaha Morphus (wife's toy)

Comment

• Welcome..... Glad you could join us; hope you stay a long time and
                            make the Festiva a lifetime project.
                            You are not alone. I believe many in the forum have "Teacher Connections".
                            My wife was a first grade teacher. She retired 4 years ago.
                            Looks like you got a great deal there. Can we see more pictures?
                            My aqua was a Junkyard Save -- hence the name. Paid 375 for her in 2007.
                            Last edited by 1990new; 06-10-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Pictures

I'm new at trying to post pictures but here it goes. As you can see, it needs a drivers side front fender and a headlight. Salesman who drove it said he thought it may need a new clutch... who knows. Odometer shows just over 100K. The inside is dirty and looks like someone lived in it. It'll be fun to clean up and see how far I can drive it without spending much on it.
                              92 Festiva (since 6/23/2011!)http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/im..._surprised.gif
                              79 AMC Concord http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/im.../icon_cool.gif
                              03 Taurus (kids drive)
                              09 Escape Hybrid (wife's--mostly)
                              07 Yamaha Majesty (my toy)http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/im.../icon_wink.gif
                              08 Yamaha Morphus (wife's toy)

Comment

• First thing you need to spend money on is a Festiva Service Manual.
                                It will be a life saver. I did all kinds of things the hard way before
                                I bought one. Doesn't necessarily have to be for the year you have.
                                (I paid $15 for a 1993 service manual on ebay about 6 years ago, not sure what
                                they are going for now.)
                                You have come to the right place for advice. When it comes to
                                Festivas, there are lots of really smart people here.
                                Last edited by 1990new; 06-10-2011, 08:43 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
                                X